Subject: Gameplay Tutorial Videos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Wow cheers for the videos, Queen Games.

Been looking forward to that. I always find videos help alot better in grasping the mechanisms than reading through a rulebook.

It's answered alot of questions I had. And reinforced the reason why I pledged.

Thanks again.

And many thanks for listening to feedback, means alot to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested...
You can watch all the videos at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealQueenGames?feature=watch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These were the videos I was looking for! I feel lots better about my pledge now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Queen Keith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Dark Darker Darkest fanMicrobadge: Escape: The Curse of the Temple fanMicrobadge: Queen Games fanMicrobadge: Escape: The Curse of the Temple fan - TorchMicrobadge: Dark Darker Darkest fan
I am glad you (collective) find them helpful. My apologies for taking a long time to get them done.

Big thank you to Jeremy for his time, table and camera!

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

San Antonio
Texas
msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: I train my kid to become a wargamerMicrobadge: Warhammer 40,000 - Dark Eldar fanMicrobadge: My games are stored in a BoxThrone
Okay, I don't want to be the fly in the ointment and I am not a hater but a backer.

I appreciate the videos, they are a great step, they are very good at detailing the mechanics and as tutorials they are great.

What I think we still need is a gameplay video so that we can watch a turn unfold in a natural progression, evaluate the "fun factor," see the mechanics in action and see the intangibles.

I know a lot of campaigns don't do it and QGs has really put out a lot of effort over the last few days. I just feel that while the vids confirmed my understanding of the rules it didn't give the feel of the game. I have to admit that while I thought the 5 minute length was the right call (and for the tutorial aspect it was) I think that a 20 minute uninterupted game turn would do wonders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Always room for 1 more gameMicrobadge: I spend more time on BGG than playing games!Microbadge: The 7th Continent fanMicrobadge: Math Trader
Thanks for the videos!!!

Watching video 5 "Hero turn explanation" brought up a question:
Jack moves down a room, throws his grenade and moves back. Shouldn't the zombiedisk be turned over as soon as Jack moves into visual range?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fullmoon wrote:
Thanks for the videos!!!

Watching video 5 "Hero turn explanation" brought up a question:
Jack moves down a room, throws his grenade and moves back. Shouldn't the zombiedisk be turned over as soon as Jack moves into visual range?
Good catch Arno.
You are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Always room for 1 more gameMicrobadge: I spend more time on BGG than playing games!Microbadge: The 7th Continent fanMicrobadge: Math Trader
ausloosd wrote:
Good catch Arno.
You are correct.
Thanks for your reply, David.
I certainly hope the KS picks up speed again, as I find the mechanics really pleasing.
And it would be nice to see some more positive responses both for the game and for all your hard work on it. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls