Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Spiroff
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are there any existing groups of Geeks in the Richmond Virginia area? If not, is there anyone else interested in starting one? I'd love to get together once a week or so for some tabletop gaming, maybe at a nearby pub, coffee house, or something. I don't have much of a collection but am willing to learn and/or buy just about anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
there is a group of us down in Va Beach area. I know at least a couple live in Richmond and some in newport news area. Tidewater Strategy Group is our yahoo group. Come and join up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ricotta
Japan
Okinawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the game story "one eyed Jacks" in carey town has lots of gaming space...I've seen people playing in there...I'm in Norfolk, so I'm not to sure of the specifics...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I woudl talk to the owner of One Eye Jacques - he woudl probably knowof any groups. I know I have personnally bought from him many times. If I still lived in the Richmond area, I would definitel start one ;-)

Cheers!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there. I'm in Richmond, and we have a small, private gaming group. Send me a Geekmail. By the way, it's almost total, freak chance that I noticed the thread. I guess I should add the Northeast forum to my list.

Also, definitely check out One-Eyed-Jacques. He has a decent, but somewhat small collection of board games, but the real treasures come from the damaged box games he sells from his e-bay store.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

If I was smart, I would keep it to myself, but I recommend you check it out. Don't get offended if I overbid you on something!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yousef master
United States
richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
My friend Park (Richmond, VA) has a pretty big gaming/friend group that meets about once a month. Plays a wide variety of good games.

Park.Previs@richmond.ppdi.com

-Ben
benkmaster@gmail.com -- sadly i've now moved to boston

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Park Previs
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I am IN richmond and i've been slowly building up a small gaming community through friends and co-workers. there are about twelve of us total (averaging about six on any given game day). we usually play at my house, but roam around to whoever is willing to host a group of wandering gamers.

i have spoken to the folks at one-eyed jaques about possibly playing there on saturdays, and they're all for it. we just haven't made it out there yet. we're a pretty relaxed group and will knock back a few beers during game sessions... not too sure you can do that in a game store....

if you're willing to learn, we've got a TON of games between us all. we normally play once a month (around eight hours at a time), but i'll sometimes sneak in an extra session if my wife will let me! you can contact me at sp00ne@yahoo.com (those are zero's, not capital o's.) we won't be playing this month because several of us are going to charlottesville for Prez Con. check it out at PrezCon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Spiroff
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, all. Though I've been to Jacques countless times it's a bit too... crowded and loud on game nights for my taste. They do have a pretty good selection of new stuff. I haven't been buying much in the way of boardgames recently but there are a couple that I want to pick up and teach to my budding little gaming geek daughter.

Tom & Park - thanks for the offers. I'll be following up with a geekmail shortly!

Cheers,
Steven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Nash
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerry Germond is the person to talk with for Richmond Area Gaming Enthusiasts (R.A.G.E.). They meet on some weekends and one particular weeknight (Tuesday?)... unfortunately, I cannot make their sessions but I do know an number of regulars. He posts to Consimworld sometimes as many are wargamers.

Joe at One Eyed Jacques is a good one to talk with and hosts Friday night seesions and perhaps Wednesday night sessions at store. He currently has great deals on slightly damaged box games worth checking out. Some damage is not really noticeable unelsss you look hard for it.His ebay store is fine too.

Newer store.FTW.. is in Chesterfield and they do lots of GW minis gaming and other minis there. Huge amoutn of talbespace. NOt into baordgames as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I run a private gaming group in the West End/Glen Allen area of Henrico if that is more convenient for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We meet once a month at One Eyed Jacques on the last Saturday of each month. It is a little small, but it is good to have a public place to meet, and it is fairly centralized.

If you haven't already, join our Yahoo group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/RichmondBoardgamers

Even if you can't make the OEJ game days, it's a good way to keep in touch with other local gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
And we are bringing back DollarCon this year!

DollarCon 5

Oct 7-8, 2011. Save the date!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathleen Feduke
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I second FTW - he has a lot more gaming space than One Eyed Jacques. I'd suggest you give him a try too and see which is a better fit for your group. FTW is a lot younger store (maybe 1 year) so their stock will not be as robust but he's getting there and enthusiastic about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.