4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: An Older Game, Egyptian Trading? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alicia I

Texas
msg tools
Hi there! I had a game when I was a kid that I loved, and I would like to try to find it for my son.
I thought it was called Journey through the Netherworld, but this game was based on trading, if I remember correctly, in ancient Egyptian times.
You had cards that represented your property and you threw black painted flat wood "beans" instead of dice. You could trade your property while advancing on the board, which if I remember at all, was sort of set up like parcheesi, but I could be really remembering that wrong. Another thing about it was, if you threw the beans and one stood up on its side, you automatically won, which actually happened once. I had a lot of fun playing this game, but honestly can't remember too much about the strategy.
It was a gift and probably came from a museum shop, and it was the late '70's, early '80's.
If you have any idea what I'm trying to describe, I'd be so happy!
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc Tremblay
Canada
Chicoutimi
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's perhaps....AMUN RE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia I

Texas
msg tools
Thank you for answering! That wasn't it, but it looks really fun! My son just loves all things Ancient Egypt, which is what got me thinking about these old games.
The main thing I think anyone would remember about this game is the "bean" dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I saw the game of which you speak of at a thrift store a month or so ago. It had a reference to the Netherworld, Egyptian theme, and "museum shop" look to it. So it is out there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.