Subject: New Original Cthulhu Wars Great Old One Add On? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Chicoine
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just saw this listed under the GOO add on list. Now you have my curiosity piqued Sandy and Co.!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fantom Core
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
That may be an option to buy any of the GOO in a Collector Edition grey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
fantomcore wrote:
That may be an option to buy any of the GOO in a Collector Edition grey.

That would be very lame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I'm reading it it sounds more like Sandy & co are going to make up their own GOO to add to the mythos. Hey, lots of other authors have done it, why can't he? He HAS written a lot about the mythos over the years, it's not like some outsider just up and decided to make up his own GOO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
The way I'm reading it it sounds more like Sandy & co are going to make up their own GOO to add to the mythos. Hey, lots of other authors have done it, why can't he? He HAS written a lot about the mythos over the years, it's not like some outsider just up and decided to make up his own GOO.

That would be awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Directly from Update 67

Second, we twisted Sandy's arm and have gotten him to add a new great old one which "will affect gameplay in a profound and effective manner unlike any other great old one." This Great Old One will be available as a FREE add-on for people who have pledged at the "Book of Eibon" or "De Vermiis Mysteriis" level. In addition, it can be bought separately as a Great Old One add-on, more details to come when it is unlocked!

Looks like it unlocks at 1.26 milion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad that it's only included for the even bigger spenders though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its clearly a stretch goal aimed on getting the average pledge level up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Valandor wrote:

Definitely, and I'm glad to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
Valandor wrote:

Definitely, and I'm glad to see it.

Indeed! Their set of stretch goals before this wasn't targeting the entirety of their audience, this one does -- it is a good move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of this freebie, backers of EBs are leaving for the super-bundles, making the EB slots available. Open the Pledge Manager and keep hitting F5! I got a CEB1 a few nights ago because the super-bundle pledges were (almost) as good as the Father's Day Specials and better than Cultist!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...how 'original' are we talking here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zebra Matt
United Kingdom
Brighton
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calling it now: new Great Old One is going to be Xahndai Phehtersenn with the ability to ensnare cultists in his Tendrils of Kykh-zht'rtr, draining their power and using it to feed his abominable creations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it on good authority (as in, this was my idea!) that Sandy would invent an entirely new GOO just for CW as a special surprise.

Honestly, at first he didn't spring to the idea as many many of the GOOs are entities originally mentioned like in one paragraph, with little explanation about them and their cult, and so over the years he fleshed them out. So, he feels like he's already made lots of GOOs, just not their names.

But, I think I have convinced him. This will be a new GOO as is the tradition for authors adding to the Cthulhu mythos - the rule is that they must add a GOO to the collection...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tucker
msg tools
Arthur, serious question. How awesome is it being Sandy's kid? Haha. I'm glad you twisted his arm. When will details of this monstrosity find light?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what it's really like being Sandy's son:

In middle school I had a t-shirt that had the Doom VG logo in the front and "my Dad wrote it" on the back. No one believed me. wow

But seriously, I have gotten to go to conventions for free many times which is awesome, and seen him do new CoC scenarios which are always innovative and awesome. It's great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tucker
msg tools
So.. adopt me for a weekend? I'll buy the pizza.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Come to Dallas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
a little disappointed was hoping it would be eihort

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter mentions that this new GOO will change the game more significantly than any other bonus GOO. Any further details on this? Thanks!

existoid wrote:
I have it on good authority (as in, this was my idea!) that Sandy would invent an entirely new GOO just for CW as a special surprise.

Honestly, at first he didn't spring to the idea as many many of the GOOs are entities originally mentioned like in one paragraph, with little explanation about them and their cult, and so over the years he fleshed them out. So, he feels like he's already made lots of GOOs, just not their names.

But, I think I have convinced him. This will be a new GOO as is the tradition for authors adding to the Cthulhu mythos - the rule is that they must add a GOO to the collection...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give it to you straight. I have already designed the new Great Old One. He has all his stats ready to go. Has he been playtested? No.

He has not been tried out in the slightest, so I'm not ready to share any of it. He does change the game more than any other great old one.

Oh yeah, one more tidbit I guess. At this time, the awakening cost for this G.O.O. is zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tucker
msg tools
Don't worry Sandy, we trust your design decisions. Excited to see what you come up with. Is the name divulgable perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zebra Matt
United Kingdom
Brighton
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zahnn-Deie P'etterzn - the controlling player has 3 turns to raise 40 points of power. If unsuccessful, that player is set right back at square one (power, monsters and cultist return to their starting state). If successful, all cultists become the property of that player until the GOO is destroyed. In order to help the player acquire this substantial sum of power, once per round during the 3 turns the controller may perform the GOO's special ability, "Eldritch Pledge": enticing the minds of cultists to donate any amount of power (of their controllers' choosing) in exchange for otherworldly promises. But if Zahn-Deie's controller overshoots by the beginning of the fourth round, the "Over-Stretched" ability kicks in: for every point of power over 40, Zahn-Deie's controller must relinquish a doom point to each of the other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
I'll give it to you straight. I have already designed the new Great Old One. He has all his stats ready to go. Has he been playtested? No.

He has not been tried out in the slightest, so I'm not ready to share any of it. He does change the game more than any other great old one.

Oh yeah, one more tidbit I guess. At this time, the awakening cost for this G.O.O. is zero.

As long as this is a serious (not silly, pun-ney, or cute) GOO, I'll "blind-buy" up my pledge $20 for it.goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
Sandy Petersen wrote:

As long as this is a serious (not silly, pun-ney, or cute) GOO, I'll "blind-buy" up my pledge $20 for it.goo

Sandy or Arthur, if the stars are not right and we do not unlock the free Original GOO, will we still be able to purchase it like any other add-on GOO for $20? I'll gladly pay rather than miss out entirely if we don't unlock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.