Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The box.

I consider getting the base game and first expansion in the original box as one of my greatest gaming achievements.

Having to carry 2 boxes around to experience the true Civ experience in all its glory will bring tears to my culture-loving eyes soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darien FairDune
United States
California
flag msg tools
Not sure how you were arrange everything but in my box I dont think I will have any problem adding the components. The only thing that would cause concern is the civ boards since they are a bit wonky in shape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarienFairDune wrote:
Not sure how you were arrange everything but in my box I dont think I will have any problem adding the components. The only thing that would cause concern is the civ boards since they are a bit wonky in shape.
Hmm...pics?

I basically have 2 plano boxes to hold all the cards and components, then boards, tiles and Civ sheets take up the rest of the space.

You may need to show me your magical ways..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim West
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
slimo wrote:
I consider getting the base game and first expansion in the original box as one of my greatest gaming achievements.
I was so proud of getting all the components in one box, I posted a picture of it on Facebook. I think this extra box will break me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not mix the 2rd expansion with the first 2 when traveling.

First: The newer combat Unit cards, they are for the 2nd expansion only, and if you are not playing the 2nd expansion, you have to play with the original unit cards.

Second: With just the added tiles, you cannot fit the 2nd expansion into the original box along with the 1st expansion. You might as well purchase/create your own CIV carrying case.

Finally: Too confusing during setup when mixed. I'm keeping the 2nd Expansion in it's own box or something smaller of my own creation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect you should be able to fit all components in one box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do it, but you'll need to put cards and pieces in bags. I have all my tokens in a craft box but it is separate from the main box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Fuentes
United States
Hialeah Gardens
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to fit everything inside the base box. I just took the wheels off the civ sheets and left 5 wheels in the box. That way all the sheets fit flat in the box and you only use 5 wheels at the most when playing the game. I know that putting on the wheels is an extra set up step but it's easy to do. Removing the wheels is kind of tricky but I had no problems doing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wester
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
slimo wrote:
The box.

Having to carry 2 boxes around to experience the true Civ experience in all its glory will bring tears to my culture-loving eyes soblue
Heh, I gave up on using one box for most games once the second Arkham Horror expansion came out

I mean, yeah, you *can* cram it all into one box, but the effort is just so... Blargh. So I've got everything in the main box, but stick the starting tiles, culture cards, wonder cards, and unit cards in the WW box. (And plano boxes for the tiles--Once you go plano, you never go back.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Pushkar
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I found that Civilization with FF perfectly fits in Descent:Second Edition box since it is a little bit larger and there is room for WW expansion left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to cram in all of Civ + 2 expansions in the original box + FF...with both inserts still in those respective boxes! All cards replaced by either expansion are sitting in the W&W box until I've played a few times (to make sure I didn't inadvertantly take something out that I shouldn't have). I taped the card that modifies the game board to its respective spot as well.

The only things sitting in the F&F box are:
(1) All of the civilization cards (under the insert, in 2 stacks, in alternating directions because of the spinners)
(2) The investment tokens
(3) The great people cards

If it weren't for the complete lack of possibility to fit all of the civ cards in the main box, I probably could put the investment tokens and Great People cards in the main box...but I figure why cram it if I definitely need 2?

Everything else is in the main box...including all of the tiles in two different baggies, and lots of other baggies to help keep things sorted (somewhat).

One of these days, I'll probably replace each of the civ player token baggies that I currently use with a small plano, plus another regular plano for misc counters...and that will probably require the W&W box and tossing an insert or two...but for now, I'm just happy that I got them all to fit in two boxes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, sorry to hear that...

I can put all the materiel of the base game and from the 2 expansions in the original box. I keep all my Civ cards mounted with their black connectors and I even keep the obsolete cards in the box and all the rules and errata sheets.
Of course, I do not use a plano box and most of my components are bagged.
I threw away the 2 expansion boxes.

So it is possible for sure.

Owll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls