GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,608 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Infection: Humanity's Last Gasp» Forums » General

Subject: Infection sells more than a hundred copies in 40 days rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So Infection sold more than a hundred copies in the past 40 days so I will be receiving my very first royalty check! w00t! meeple

All that and still no review out yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, John!

It's been great publishing your first game. We should have the royalties out by the end of the month. :-)

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Congratulations, John!

It's been great publishing your first game. We should have the royalties out by the end of the month. :-)

Alan Emrich

Thank you Alan for taking a chance based upon my Print-n-Play prototype and for all the hard work from the developers and artists along the way. I bet half the sales were generated from the box cover art alone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed! Congrats John! I remember getting my first royalty check a couple of years ago and it is a great feeling. Well deserved and I hope you're starting on your next title.
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jones
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of them went to me - not played yet but it looks nice. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Indeed! Congrats John! I remember getting my first royalty check a couple of years ago and it is a great feeling. Well deserved and I hope you're starting on your next title.
Hermann

I am working on multiplayer game next. I should have the prototype finished this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grjns123 wrote:
One of them went to me - not played yet but it looks nice. Thanks.

You are welcome, Gary of the Brits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John

Just wanted to say that it's great to see your enthusiasm and if I had more money and less of a games backlog I would already have picked up your game.

I remember the great feeling of first seeing the physical result of my own labor of love and learning that there actually were people apart from friends and family who bought it . I imagine you're having the same feeling.

Regards
- Morten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gedin wrote:

So Infection sold more than a hundred copies in the past 40 days so I will be receiving my very first royalty check! w00t! meeple

And I can see that it's the third best selling game at VPG at the moment. Not too shabby for a first timer .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
gedin wrote:

And I can see that it's the third best selling game at VPG at the moment. Not too shabby for a first timer .

Yep. Total Noob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Hi John

Just wanted to say that it's great to see your enthusiasm and if I had more money and less of a games backlog I would already have picked up your game.

I remember the great feeling of first seeing the physical result of my own labor of love and learning that there actually were people apart from friends and family who bought it . I imagine you're having the same feeling.

Regards
- Morten

I think of it as sharing a hobby with the world. It's like telling a story that is being listened to by hundreds of people in dozens of countries. The only thing is that I don't get to see their faces as they play. And I don't know what they think of it unless they put it out there somewhere on the Internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished my first playthrough of the bacterial scenario and it was quite enjoyable. I won't be ready to review it until I have a few more plays with the virus side (which is what I expect to play from now on) and maybe a couple of the variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TwentySides wrote:
I finished my first playthrough of the bacterial scenario and it was quite enjoyable. I won't be ready to review it until I have a few more plays with the virus side (which is what I expect to play from now on) and maybe a couple of the variants.

Great Jake! I look forward to your thoughts on my little game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, well done! It's another great Victory Point production. I love what you do and I love playing your games. Infection, Dawn of the Zeds, Zulus on the Ramparts, Darkest Night, Tenka and the Last King of Scotland are some of my favourite games. Don't be fooled by my play count in my profile - I am really, really bad at keeping that up to date and often when I do remember to record a play I should be recording three or four!

There is also something special about a Victory Point Games product, with the laser cut pieces that give off that wonderful aroma! Somehow, cleaning the counters when you first punch them seems rather akin to owning a classic car and taking care to polish it!

Infection itself is deceptively addictive - with defeat so often grasped from the jaws of victory and that 'I will get you next time' feeling!

Anyway good luck with your new multi-player game, but I hope that at some point in the future you look at an expansion for Infection. I would certainly stock it and play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
Infection itself is deceptively addictive - with defeat so often grasped from the jaws of victory and that 'I will get you next time' feeling!

deceptively addictive...what a lovely phrase. I wanted to feel that you really did beat something when you won this game.

BrianJohnHunt wrote:
Anyway good luck with your new multi-player game, but I hope that at some point in the future you look at an expansion for Infection. I would certainly stock it and play it!

I am sure there are many different ways I--or someone at VPG--could expand on Infection. Infection is climbing the charts and I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks into the top 10 for the year after a few reviews come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Bech
Canada
Lindsay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had this one in my hands and almost bought it yesterday at my local game store. Thought I'd check here first for a review or two as I'd heard nothing about it and it surprised me.

Marco's video review convinced me that I should give this a try.

Make it 101
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richthofen wrote:
Had this one in my hands and almost bought it yesterday at my local game store. Thought I'd check here first for a review or two as I'd heard nothing about it and it surprised me.

Make it 101

Excellent! meeple

I used to live in Ottawa, Uwe. What game store did you go to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Infection has moved up the #7 spot for Year To Date 2013 Top Selling Games for VPG. I am coming after you Last King of Scotland!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gedin wrote:
Richthofen wrote:

Make it 101

Excellent! meeple

I used to live in Ottawa, Uwe. What game store did you go to?

I've seen it at The Comic Book Shoppe and at Fandom II.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gedin wrote:
Infection has moved up the #7 spot for Year To Date 2013 Top Selling Games for VPG. I am coming after you Last King of Scotland!

Grats, you've earned it .

My wife has gotten hooked on the game so now we've played seven games together over the last three evenings. Which is awesome, since she's usually completely disinterested in my solitaire games. She a research scientist at a pharmaceutical company, so the theme is somewhat fitting .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
gedin wrote:

My wife has gotten hooked on the game so now we've played seven games together over the last three evenings. Which is awesome, since she's usually completely disinterested in my solitaire games. She a research scientist at a pharmaceutical company, so the theme is somewhat fitting .

That is quite the endorsement! It has been my own personal experience that two people can enjoy playing this game together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gedin wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
gedin wrote:

That is quite the endorsement! It has been my own personal experience that two people can enjoy playing this game together.

Yes, it plays well with two people dividing the bookkeeping and discussing what to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.