41 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: BattleCON Live Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
johhny boy gomes
msg tools
If anyone is interested in playing some live BattleCON games, I've created a vassal module for 30 of the characters from both War and Devastation. If you're interested in playing with the module, message me or post here. I'll ask that you show proof of ownership of BattleCON. Once done, I'll send you a link with the vassal module. I hope to get some live games in to start honing my skills.

Here's a list of the characters I've added thus far...

Hikaru
Cadenza
Lixis
Demitras
Heketch
Alexian
Eligor
Karin & Jager
Pendros
Rukyuk
Byron
Kajia
Cherri
Aria
Joal
Voco
Clive
Arec
Sagas
Tanis
Cesar
Kaitlyn
Marmelee
Mikhail
Oriana
Rexan
Zaamasal
Runika

Here's the interface...
External image

Here's what your hand might look like...
External image

Edited: In my original screenshot, I had Pendros in there. I realized that he's not officially out yet so I changed it to a free-to-play character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Video games though.
badge
Microbadge: BattleCON: War of Indines fanMicrobadge: Millennium Blades fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Vast: The Crystal Caverns fanMicrobadge: Clash of Cultures: Civilizations fan
I would be game for this but what constitutes proof of ownership?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
Microbadge: Tichu fanMicrobadge: Competitive Gamer - I play to win!Microbadge: BattleCON: War of Indines fan
Count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johhny boy gomes
msg tools
I'm not quite sure what counts as proof of ownership. I was thinking just tell me about a specific set of cards that no one would know unless they had the cards themselves? I just wanted to do good by the designer and make sure people actually have the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ColoradoMicrobadge: Kingdom Death fan - Watcher CrestMicrobadge: Deftones fanMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan
I'm in. I can PM proof or whatever is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
Microbadge: Tichu fanMicrobadge: Competitive Gamer - I play to win!Microbadge: BattleCON: War of Indines fan
dorktron2000 wrote:
A picture of a card house with all of the cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johhny boy gomes
msg tools
Unless anyone has a better idea, message me the exact details of one of Endrybt's card. That would be sufficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ColoradoMicrobadge: Kingdom Death fan - Watcher CrestMicrobadge: Deftones fanMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan
Phyr wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
A picture of a card house with all of the cards!
Lol. Oh noes!

I'll send over an Endrbyt card spec tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sore LoserMicrobadge: BuddhistMicrobadge: Sport Club Corinthians Paulista fanMicrobadge: I can defend myself!Microbadge: I Heckle Those With AP!
Sent, now its time to wait...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johhny boy gomes
msg tools
To those of you I've sent the link to... I told you my time zone is GMT +10. Well, I got that totally wrong... I'm in GMT -10 (Hawaii).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: BattleCON: Devastation of Indines fan - Joal KalmorMicrobadge: BattleCON: War of Indines fan - Khadath AhemuseiMicrobadge: Level 99 Games "BattleCON" Contest participantMicrobadge: BattleCON: War of Indines fan - Seth CremmulMicrobadge: BattleCON: War of Indines fan - Rukyuk Amberdeen
Played my first game!

It's a great module! Has its charms over the "playtester" module.

Joal VS Tanis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: BattleCON: Devastation of Indines fan - Joal KalmorMicrobadge: BattleCON: War of Indines fan - Khadath AhemuseiMicrobadge: Level 99 Games "BattleCON" Contest participantMicrobadge: BattleCON: War of Indines fan - Seth CremmulMicrobadge: BattleCON: War of Indines fan - Rukyuk Amberdeen
Just realized that I didn't give any proof of ownership. XD

I think the best way to do it would be to simply give him a screenshot of a random character's kit.

So like, arbitrarily, you'd be asked to send a picture of Alt Alexian's kit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
What program are you supposed to use to open it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Gundam fanMicrobadge: Level 99 Games fanMicrobadge: Taking to the Skies of Mira in a Skell!Microbadge: Nintendo fanMicrobadge: BattleCON: Devastation of Indines fan - Clinhyde Eight
http://www.vassalengine.org/

At least I'm pretty sure it is, I guess I don't know for a fact
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, duh. Thanks, Trey. That worked.

EDIT: Sweet, I spy new finishers for the War characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sore LoserMicrobadge: BuddhistMicrobadge: Sport Club Corinthians Paulista fanMicrobadge: I can defend myself!Microbadge: I Heckle Those With AP!
dorktron2000 wrote:

I was just about to say the same. Sagas new Finisher is...

I just like him even more now!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
Looks like I missed alex, but I'm currently on and willing to play another game. After that I'll go to bed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
dinobottm2 wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

I was just about to say the same. Sagas new Finisher is...

I just like him even more now!!

Just got out of a game against Johnny himself (it seems he didn't even know he already got the updated PNP for War. Im jealous, now, i want my PnP updates too )

It was an awesome game. Had a chance to use Sagas new overdrive... And miss... But whatever, it works pretty well. I just sugested him to add a Beat counter, but other than that, it worked like a charm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johhny boy gomes
msg tools
The module seems pretty functional in its current state. When I get home today, I think I'll try and add a turn counter. If I do this, I may have to send all of you a new link. Does this sound okay?

Also, I chose not to add in more characters because the size of the file was getting quite large. So, I have two questions for you guys.

1. Would you guys mind a bigger file size?
2. If no, who would you guys want added? (Maybe mention 1 or 2 characters in your response to this question, I'll try my best to make everyone happy but sorry if I can't)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
I'm totally okay with a bigger file size.

Hepzibah!

Wow, Zaamassal got hit hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
I'm fine with a bigger file, but you could just build an add on too.

Kehrolyn and Kallistar would be a nice addition to the game. (and then we should get a mud wrestling arena, but that's just wishfull thinking)

And dont worry, even if you don't add anything else, the mod is already awesome...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I'm good with a bigger file. I still need to get a game going on here, I always seem to miss you guys. How does it work? Do you guys flip attack pairs at the same time or what?

Also, I don't remember seeing Khadath (I want to see his buffs) and I'd like to see Kehrolyn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
One tip: make César's threat markers to be copyable... It will make it a lot easier to just create another and delete then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I won this werewolf in a top hat microbadge from Level 99 Games!Microbadge: Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain fan
I'd be interested in having a go. Verification PM sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johhny boy gomes
msg tools
Alright so tonight, this is what I got done:

1. Added a turn counter (although it wasn't quite as elegant as I'd like it to be)--To use it, under bases, there's a turn counter piece that you have to drag out onto the portion of the map where you can keep track of each turn
2. Revised the the names of the cards in the interface
3. Updated Joal's cards
4. Added in Kallistar, Hepzibah, Kehrolyn, and Khadath

If nothing is strikingly wrong with the module, this will probably be my last update.

I will be messaging you guys with the updated link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |