Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Rousseau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the game look in two players game. Is it fun? Does it work well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
United States
milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1 person plays dracula, the other person plays all 4 hunters. There is enough balance to keep things pretty even.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with just two the hunters player is going to be very busy as each hunter will have their own event cards, weapons and such. I don't see why it couldn't be done though as it wouldn't effect the game balance in any way as you'll still have the same amount of hunters. If memory serves me correctly I played several games of the original with a friend of mine 2 player and we had a great time so I expect this one can be played that way as well and be fun doing so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I've played a few times the new version with only 2 players.

You lose the cooperative aspect between the Hunters.
The "Hunter" player is quite busy: while he can coordinate the efforts of the Hunters without speaking, he has now to check 4 characters (each with his own cards, items, etc.); after all he plays about four fifth of the time...
It can be done.
It works fine.
I prefer it slightly with more players, but I'm ready to play again with only 2.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I've played now with four players, and the only problem I see with two, is that there are no buddies to keep the hunter player from making a mistake. Two of the hunters, without the help of the third, would have missed me several times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it play just fine with 2. The hunter player just has to keep reviewing his cards before each hunter's turn, since it is impossibile to remember them otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.