GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,528 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Conquest of Nerath Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Orcs are really unbalanced... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabrizio d'Ottavio
Italy
Villaricca(Napoli)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After some games I could say that Orcs has got a really bad starting position and are the only ones that can't send 2 hero each to 2 dungeons in the first turn of the game,their territory is splitted by a dungeon and other than that they only have one elemental and so a low defending naval position,It could be that in a longer game they will get a chance to win but in a short or medium game they can't really do anything better than survive....
In my experience in a Short or Medium game I just strongly repeal elves and human attacks preparing a counteroffensive but I never get the chance to do real points to try to compete for victory..
Even my friends using them had the same feelings...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arkhamuniversityjunior smith
msg tools
I've had pretty good luck with the Red army-- try ambushing that Elven city that's nearest to the Red Army's capital-- that city is in striking distance... utilizing your fleet, you'd be able to put at least a few heroes into the fray, in addition to the Dragon. The Red Army is the only force to start with a dragon in their capital. If you can seize most of the island in the center (and don't feel ashamed about begging your ally to assist you by sending a black dragon to provide back-up), you'll be in a good position to start creating a massive Navy. If the Red Army can get some occasional support from the Undead forces, they should be able to survive until mid-game, then finally conquer that accursed White army city North of the Red Army capital, and then it's Move-to-End-Game as Black army sweeps West to finish off the humans.

(Apologies, I don't have the game in front of me and haven't memorized the army/location names)

If you're NOT playing Red & Black vs. White & Yellow... Then, yes, Red army is in a rough starting position. Fight the good fight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Destefanis
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
publisher
Just started playing the game. I agree with this.
The red army is in a rough spot but the key is getting the Yellow castle nearby, turn 1 if possible. Once it does that, it suddendly becomes better since neither Blue nor Red can do anything anymore in your territory but just die slowly.
Of course it may be difficult to do if the Yellow player reinforces a lot, but the Dark army has a easy road south to the Yellow capital so it should give the Yellow player some hard choices about where to muster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.