Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My concern with the Regent role is that can easily be abused as it is a very powerful role. Players can gang up on a player, (or even just be a jerk) and take over worlds that have massive fleets sitting on them, possibly on the other side of the map, and forcing the fleet to retreat, and there's nothing you can do about it.
To me, this doesn't make sense and can be very frustrating.

So my thought is, for each 3 points of ships (fighters =1, Cruisers=2, etc rounded up) you need to spend +1 influence to take that planet.
Or a simpler method, if there are any ships at all, add +1 to the influence required to take the sector.

So no longer can you spend 2 influence to capture a world that has an empire but also has a Drednaught and some Cruisers. (which is crazy)
By leaving ships on worlds, you make it harder for others to take over your worlds (and impossible with larger fleets), but at the same time, thin your fleets making them easier to conquer militarily. Choices!

I hope I explained my concerns and ideas well enough.
Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enrique aguilar
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah thats ideal but when we play this amazing game we dont use influence on planets with fleets on them thats not realistic since the regent role incites a revolution a strong military presence wont allow thatwow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.