Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Belisle
United States
Prosser
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my buddy and I teamed up for an epic showdown with Apoc. We started our night taking on Mr. Sinister and xcutioners song with Jean Grey as our heroine in the villain deck. We had an easy go of it after some lucky card draws and her rare card coming out early. We had a strong team of xmen and decided we could possibly bring down Apocalypse.

So we subbed out Professor X and Iceman and Angel, Bishop, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Rogue took on the big man and played the Song again. Putting aside the fact that it was 1130 pm and I was to get up at 6am for work.

What transpired was the most epic game of Legendary I've played. We struggled with the horseman as two escaped and war was close and pestilence was put back on the board. We had 6 Jean Greys carried off and had two tactics left. My buddy had a great stack of cards and did his best but SEVEN times in a row we drew the tactic that made us put it back. Finally we took him out and felt the joy of beating Apocalypse. By this time it was 1am. My buddy left and I went to bed and it hit me that we played it wrong. I still only think we won but we didn't count our KO'd hero's. I think there was only one Bishop that I let go, but sadly I cannot fully claim victory. I will sleep soundly thinking that we held him off beating him more than a draw feeling, but am also forced to rest up knowing that I have yet to defeat this monster mastermind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fat Tony
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
Microbadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: I play a female Human!Microbadge: I play a Monk!Microbadge: Lawful NeutralMicrobadge: Forgotten Realms fan
We had a similar experience last Saturday. We played the Organized Crimewave scheme with Mephisto (heh). Our heroes were Spiderman, Hawkeye, Emma Frost, Angel and The Punisher. Not the heaviest of hitters in general. We won after the longest game I've played yet - at least 90 minutes.

Unfortunately, I was looking at all of the schemes a day or two later, and realized we had forgotten that the Maggia Goons gain an Ambush ability with this scheme. We should have been playing the top card of the Villain deck every time they appeared. If we'd been doing this, we would have lost spectacularly, and well within the normal time frame.

It happens. The only thing you can do about it is play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Belisle
United States
Prosser
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't beaten that scheme yet. It was the first scheme we played and had Kingpin as the mastermind. We ended in a draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls