John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
petercox wrote:
My guess is it will end up at... 42.
I think it will end up out of print and not in the top 1000.

I don't see that happening for at least 20 years though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
It's me!
Microbadge: Square Meal fanMicrobadge: Yinzi fanMicrobadge: Cooper Island fanMicrobadge: BiomatterMicrobadge: LeiriaCon attendee

I think there's every chance of it going top 30 if enough people get to play it, it's rare that anyone has anything bad to say about it. And rightly so!! Would love to see it get that high, such a cute game from a brilliant series, R&D deserve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
New expansions or new Key-games will keep it on radar and it looks like it won't have any availability issues either so it'll probably keep rising.My guess is 40-60, especially if the next expansion is good. Probably not higher than that, it's hard to get there with current Ameritrash trends and those who bought just one or two euros in 2012 most likely got Tzol'kin and Terra Mystica.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Nealley

Ardmore
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Ingenious fanMicrobadge: DVONN fanMicrobadge: '1'Microbadge: '0'Microbadge: TAMSK fan
I would guess mid-30's- maybe not as high as it should be, but the Key series really deserves to have a top-50 representative, and the wider distribution for this game has helped a lot in that, along with it's overall excellence as a game.

When people have tired of the wheel mechanic in Tzolkin, this mechanic will still remain popular and challenging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that it will peak around 25....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to be a downer, but did we need another thread about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neilhora wrote:

I think there's every chance of it going top 30 if enough people get to play it, it's rare that anyone has anything bad to say about it. And rightly so!! Would love to see it get that high, such a cute game from a brilliant series, R&D deserve it.
Let me correct that for you.

Played it twice, never need to play it again. Just a "meh" game, dull experience. I wouldn't refuse to play it, but I'd never suggest it. For me, it's one of those massively overhyped titles that come out of Essen every year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
neilhora wrote:

Played it twice, never need to play it again. Just a "meh" game, dull experience. I wouldn't refuse to play it, but I'd never suggest it. For me, it's one of those massively overhyped titles that come out of Essen every year.
I feel the exact same way. When its over, nobody cheers or groans, theres a monotone "good job" said to the winner, who responds "thanks," and the game is put away. I think the more people that play it, the more people will have similar feelings.

Let me clarify that I think the lack of tension has a lot to do with player count. Sure it works with 2 or 3, but thats about it. It works, but its not fun. I havent played with more, but the box should read 4-6, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stemcider wrote:
jkayati wrote:
neilhora wrote:

I feel the exact same way. When its over, nobody cheers or groans, theres a monotone "good job" said to the winner, who responds "thanks," and the game is put away. I think the more people that play it, the more people will have similar feelings.

Let me clarify that I think the lack of tension has a lot to do with player count. Sure it works with 2 or 3, but thats about it. It works, but its not fun. I havent played with more, but the box should read 4-6, IMO.
I think it's a fantastic 2p game, but I'd hesitate to pull it out with 5 or 6....

Different strokes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mannie Germain
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be top 30-40 if it had gotten distribution from a publisher like Z-Man. However, due to the limitations of Game Salute distribution I don't see it getting into enough hands to get enough ratings. If it's not in stock at the online retailers the exposure goes down dramatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ManuMan wrote:
I think it would be top 30-40 if it had gotten distribution from a publisher like Z-Man. However, due to the limitations of Game Salute distribution I don't see it getting into enough hands to get enough ratings. If it's not in stock at the online retailers the exposure goes down dramatically.
Good point.

Game Salute has been using Kickstarter recently (see Keyflower: Key Celeste), and they'll probably use it for the Keyflower expansion as well. I think the game is generating enough buzz that it could still push up there in the rankings, but the Game Salute thing does hamper it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ManuMan wrote:
At first I immediately agreed with your statement. For example, I would have definitely bought Alien Frontiers if it wasn't for the exclusiveness of Game Salute. In fact, I generally thought I would never buy a game from Game Salute because they were so expensive. However, this kickstarter campaign for Keyflower was a good deal. So, if they do more campaigns like this, I will probably be able to buy from Game Salute, and it will probably increase the distribution of the games they represent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Code MonkeyMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: City of Heroes fanMicrobadge: I Love Gaming with My GirlFriend!!!
max_s wrote:
it's hard to get there with current Ameritrash trends

stemcider wrote:
Sure it works with 2 or 3, but thats about it. It works, but its not fun. I havent played with more, but the box should read 4-6, IMO.
And this could be said about any number of games that list a wide range of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls