Subject: Bullrush question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chua chee yong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

some questions regarding bullrush.

1) bullrush do not have to attempt to move in a straight line right?

2) If i Bullrush successful on the 1st tile and on my 2nd tile which also contain enemy but there is also a reactivate icon, do I had to stop and draw the event card ? Is it consider as unsuccessful for the 2nd tile and the enemy on the 2nd tile also actviate ?

3)If I bullrush thru 3 tile, and on the 3rd tile I do not have enough strength or movement, is it consider as unsuccessful attempt and I got to stop on the 3rd tile. The 3rd tile enemy will activate.

4) I bullrush to leave the 1st tile, can I move off to an unexplored area?

5) I bullrush successful , but I can't leave the tile using vent movement rite ? That will be werid if it is possible =x.

thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alky Yance
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm no expert in the rules, and I don't have the rulebook handy, so I could be wrong, but here goes:

1) bullrush do not have to attempt to move in a straight line right?
- I don't recall any mention about movement direction, only that you can move to a different room. So I'd say you don't have to move in a straight line.

2) If i Bullrush successful on the 1st tile and on my 2nd tile which also contain enemy but there is also a reactivate icon, do I had to stop and draw the event card ? Is it consider as unsuccessful for the 2nd tile and the enemy on the 2nd tile also actviate ?

Hmm, I'd say yes, you have to draw an event card as you re-entered the room so the reactivate icon would trigger. At that point, the bullrush isn't unsuccessful yet - you have to complete whatever challenge is on the event card first. If you succeed, then you can roll for the bullrush, if you fail that, then the enemy will activate. I could really be wrong here, there are a lot of timing issues to consider.

3)If I bullrush thru 3 tile, and on the 3rd tile I do not have enough strength or movement, is it consider as unsuccessful attempt and I got to stop on the 3rd tile. The 3rd tile enemy will activate.

Yes, that's an unsuccessful challenge. The enemy should activate.

4) I bullrush to leave the 1st tile, can I move off to an unexplored area?

Yes, you should be able to do that.

5) I bullrush successful , but I can't leave the tile using vent movement rite ? That will be werid if it is possible =x.

If you have below 7 Fear, you can go through the vents. I've seen that answered in one of the FAQs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani Pietikäinen
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree with the answers 1, 4 and 5.

About 2 and 3:
First of all, I don't think you should roll the dice again in the second room of your bullrushing... If my memory serves, there is an example in the rulebook that specifically tells that a player uses his/her original bullrush-challenge-roll again in the second (and the third) room. Just remember to substract 1 from the result after each room...

Now about the events, I think drawing an event card immediately ends your action phase. So if you bullrush into a room with a reactivating event icon, your bullrush should definitely end as you draw the card and move on to the last phase of your turn.

Finally, I believe the enemies in the rooms beyond the first one won't activate if you fail to continue (or decide to end voluntarily) your bullrush. Basically, the challenge is done in the first room, and it is there where you can potentially fail it. After successfully clearing the first room, your challenge was a successful one; if you can rush through a second room, then your bullrush was extra good - if you can't, then your turn just pretty much ends (as you have already spent your action).

Here is my take on this, a word from designer would be appriciated though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Taylor
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pietu85 wrote:
I completely agree with the answers 1, 4 and 5.

Ditto agreement on 1, 4 and 5. I pretty much agree with everything else, too.

pietu85 wrote:
About 2 and 3:
First of all, I don't think you should roll the dice again in the second room of your bullrushing... If my memory serves, there is an example in the rulebook that specifically tells that a player uses his/her original bullrush-challenge-roll again in the second (and the third) room. Just remember to substract 1 from the result after each room...

Agreed. You only roll once and continue (or not) the bull rush with the same result. From the rules example (Page 11 inset in my copy):

"She rolls six dice and gets five strength icons. She needed only three, so she can move off the tile. She moves onto the tile with a guard and a clone.
Her bull rush continues using the same roll, but each time she moves she reduces the number of icons she rolled by 1. This tile has two enemies, so she needs four
strength icons (the number of enemies + 2) to move off it. Because she rolled five, she still has enough after losing one for the previous movement."

pietu85 wrote:
Now about the events, I think drawing an event card immediately ends your action phase. So if you bullrush into a room with a reactivating event icon, your bullrush should definitely end as you draw the card and move on to the last phase of your turn.

Agree. Whether you are entering a previously explored tile with a reactivating event icon or exploring a new room with an even icon, I believe the action phase of the player's turn ends (and, therefore, the bull rush ends as well). Resolve the event icon.

pietu85 wrote:
Finally, I believe the enemies in the rooms beyond the first one won't activate if you fail to continue (or decide to end voluntarily) your bullrush. Basically, the challenge is done in the first room, and it is there where you can potentially fail it. After successfully clearing the first room, your challenge was a successful one; if you can rush through a second room, then your bullrush was extra good - if you can't, then your turn just pretty much ends (as you have already spent your action).

Although I didn't find this specifically stated in the rules, I agree that the challenge either succeeds or fails in the first room. Anything else is gravy, bonus, booya, and more-better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.