Subject: Pledge Level Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ramirez

Seymour
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am at $315 on my pledge. If I bump it $10 will I be able to get the new GOO if I keep my pledge level at CDG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Sandy already said only BOE and DVM will get the original GOO. no other pledge title and pledge amount will get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is one of the situations in which pledge level, rather than pledge amount matters.

I think that distinction and some other little distinctions should have been made more clear since the beginning, but oh well. This is only the second KS GEG has ever done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
And our first kickstarter was such an abject failure it didn't necessarily teach us the right lessons.

We do now understand how to make a kickstarter less confusing, plus how some of KS's fiddly rules work.

If Green Eye Games ever does another kickstarter I promise it will be far easier to parse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I guarantee as Sandy's son that he will sign the bottom of every single miniature you will receive in your shipment. Just PM him the special code word:

"Bruno Mattei"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I mostly play host to a group of four casual gamers (myself included ).

Given the enormous amount of available add-ons and the high average spending per backer, I am beginning to doubt if a simple Cultist pledge will be enough. Do I need certain extra's to actually play & enjoy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Given the enormous amount of available add-ons and the high average spending per backer, I am beginning to doubt if a simple Cultist pledge will be enough. Do I need certain extra's to actually play & enjoy?

You do not need anything beyond the base game to play and enjoy.

There are a huge amount of expansions to this game, ranging in scale from single "mercenary" GOOs to entirely new playable factions and maps. But you dont' need any of them.

However, if you wanted just one fun thing beyond the base game, read this:

Add-on any one of the playable faction expansions for $48 (Opener of the Way, The Sleeper, or Windwalker). That will put you at $198 before shipping. Then, simply add $2 to put you at the $200-before-shipping threshold which will get you 9 additional "mercenary" GOO expansion add-ons for free.

You will thus have 5 playable factions and be able to additionally change up play with up to 9 GOOs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!
These GOO's are actually playable then, not collectibles like the stretch rewards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
These GOO's are actually playable then, not collectibles like the stretch rewards?

correct. The 9 stretch GOOs that were unlocked awhile back can all be played in the game (note: you CAN purchase them separately, but why bother, when it's far cheaper to get them all by pledging at least $200).

The collectibles are NOT the GOOs - they are one copy each of every type of monster in the entire game, including all expansions (that is, if they all become unlocked).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Add-on any one of the playable faction expansions for $48 (Opener of the Way, The Sleeper, or Windwalker). That will put you at $198 before shipping. Then, simply add $2 to put you at the $200-before-shipping threshold which will get you 9 additional "mercenary" GOO expansion add-ons for free.

The dice are actually a really good deal. I usually see custom or fancy dice starting at $1 per die: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3D...

I've seen *way* more complicated and confusing campaigns, and I think the KS pledge-level model is ill-suited for options and choices. The super-bundles were a smart sneaky ("welll played") way to counter the deeply discounted EB, which risk alienating backers on the fence, yet also increase total pledges.

A new GOO based on teh internets would be amusing...

F5... F5... F5... goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sticking to the CDG level. Can I buy the new GOO as an add-on or after the project concludes?goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boardnotbored boardnotbored
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
existoid wrote:
Just PM him the special code word:

"Bruno Mattei"

My respect for Sandy just keeps going up How about Rats: Night of Terror the game for your next KS? laugh (would have suggested Hell of the Living Dead but there are loads of zombie games but oddly few about rats).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My next game will be called "Women's Prison Massacre". It'll sell a million.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it will be "Cruel Jaws." There's been no shark board games either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony T
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
I'm sticking to the CDG level. Can I buy the new GOO as an add-on or after the project concludes?goo

I believe that you can buy the new GOO as an add-on, according to Update #67. Here's a quote from it:

"Second, we twisted Sandy's arm and have gotten him to add a new great old one which "will affect gameplay in a profound and effective manner unlike any other great old one." This Great Old One will be available as a FREE add-on for people who have pledged at the "Book of Eibon" or "De Vermiis Mysteriis" level. In addition, it can be bought separately as a Great Old One add-on, more details to come when it is unlocked!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5902/man-eater

Would work for sharks or women's prison massacre!

Sad to say I remembered this from 1976...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:

Get Bit!
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/30539/get-bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Also, I guarantee as Sandy's son that he will sign the bottom of every single miniature you will receive in your shipment. Just PM him the special code word:

"Bruno Mattei"

I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're a good son!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiqin Huang
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
existoid wrote:

"Bruno Mattei"

Is this for real?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
No, it will be "Cruel Jaws." There's been no shark board games either.:D

Nah, man. "Sharknado: The Board Game." Ride the zeitgeist!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Gulp
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its my understanding that per Update #67 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/cthulhu-wars/... that the Mystery Goo (tentatively named Twice Invoked I think) that its free to BOE & DVM, but can be bought for any other pledge just like any other extra Goo.

Quote:
Second, we twisted Sandy's arm and have gotten him to add a new great old one which "will affect gameplay in a profound and effective manner unlike any other great old one." This Great Old One will be available as a FREE add-on for people who have pledged at the "Book of Eibon" or "De Vermiis Mysteriis" level. In addition, it can be bought separately as a Great Old One add-on, more details to come when it is unlocked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.