Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to try and put together a series of doing past games again...again. All games will be exactly as they were before except they will all be slow games - i.e. there will be a full day for day phase, and a full day for lynch phase. Also, all with PM privileges will only be able to PM at night. This makes it easier for me to do, and it will be easier for others to particpate amidst the ton of games that go one at each given time. Also, lynch time and night results will be at 5:00 or 6:00, although I won't have it posted until around 8:00.

There's only one thing left to do. Give me your choices for games to be run again. PM me or post it. Some games cannot be run again, keep in mind. These include games that had the element of surprise (i.e. River's Edge) or games that at present have sequels that are seeking to improve on the original models (i.e. Bewitched, House on Demon Hill).

My list of possibilities so far (in order):
Star Wars
Disco Inferno
Clan Wars
PTPer's Lord of the Rings
Contagious
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Land of Forgotten Memories
In the Court of the King

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you decide to rerun Disco Inferno, it would need 2 rules changes. One, the chance of a minor role being duplicated needs to be increased. The point of allowing duplicate roles was so the wolves could bluff convincingly. But, I inadvertantly used a system that resulted in an extremely low chance (less than 1%) of a duplicate role actually happening. I think it should be more in the vicinity of 50%.

Two, the Movie Star role was probably too powerful. He should be able to get an extra vote OR break ties, but not both. Otherwise, it's like getting 2 extra votes. I had thought it would be "self-balancing" in that the other players would lynch him if he was perceived as too powerful, but with the extra voting power, he proved to be unlynchable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
If you decide to rerun Disco Inferno, it would need 2 rules changes. One, the chance of a minor role being duplicated needs to be increased. The point of allowing duplicate roles was so the wolves could bluff convincingly. But, I inadvertantly used a system that resulted in an extremely low chance (less than 1%) of a duplicate role actually happening. I think it should be more in the vicinity of 50%.

Two, the Movie Star role was probably too powerful. He should be able to get an extra vote OR break ties, but not both. Otherwise, it's like getting 2 extra votes. I had thought it would be "self-balancing" in that the other players would lynch him if he was perceived as too powerful, but with the extra voting power, he proved to be unlynchable.

Sounds good. Will do. Anyone else who modded one of the previous games feel free to do the same as Rubric and propose amendments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun stuff, Brian. I'll look out for the signup threads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote Disco Inferno

I want to PLAY this game for a change. I was lynched the first day during the original game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vote Clan Wars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSW III

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit a clan war or a chaos spawn thingy would probably hook me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaredh wrote:
CSW III

Jared, you're right on. Those Chaos games need done again, but they're so durn complicated and I'm not sure I have the Kakaris mojo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Disco Inferno for me too. for better or worse, it was much of the inspiration for my LotR game. I'd love to get another chance and just vote the movie star off right away just to get it done with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.