Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micheal Barwegen
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was fortunate enough to win the auction to win a prototype of this game, and have had it for a little while now. I figure I would at least put up a short review on what I thought of the game.

First of all the game is FUN! The game plays well with both four and six players, as those are the two group sizes I have played with as of yet, and every time all players had some fun. The action is quick, and for new players after a few slow movements and misfires around the board they catch on quick and then it is a battle to the finish. I recall one particular game where one of my friends (playing against me sadly) was able to figure out with his crew how to perfectly lay a mine and then launch two torpedoes behind them to completely ruin my chance of winning. They sure were pretty smug about that move.

In terms of mechanics anyone who has played Escape or any other “roll your dice quickly” sort of games catches onto the main mechanic easily. However, the one drawback I have seen with the game is the wealth of information that is given to new players when they are first learning. None of this information is very difficult but there is a bunch they should know to play the game and move dice properly. This is more apparent in a four player game where the new player needs to understand engineering and their own stations as well. It became more obvious when I taught this to three of my friends whom were all new and I was the only one who played it before. This being the only downfall of the game I have found speaks volumes to how it plays. It is worth slogging through the information though because every time it was appreciated by the players when we were playing.

I must say I am looking forward to this games actual release to see and hear of more copies floating around out there. It is a very fun game that has not flopped hitting the table yet. Keep your eyes on this one, and continue to read Geoff’s updates if you want more mechanic information. Final warning this game can get loud, not recommended for homes with sleeping children.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Wedgell wrote:
Final warning this game can get loud, not recommended for homes with sleeping children.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Unfortunately, most of my gaming opportunities happen in the evening after the kids are in bed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RMGreen wrote:
Wedgell wrote:
Final warning this game can get loud, not recommended for homes with sleeping children.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Unfortunately, most of my gaming opportunities happen in the evening after the kids are in bed.

Same here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.