Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: AI [+] Solo [+] [View All]
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After well over a year of development I have finished the web-app for automating the actions of the Alien Player in the new Co-Op and Victory Point scenarios from the Space Empires: Close Encounters expansion.

Point your favorite browser, tablet or smart phone to:
http://chrono280.tersus.com/AlienAI/

1. Bookmark the page after starting a new game
2. If you use that Bookmark, your game will be restored (everything is saved to the URL code)
3. START NEW GAME button brings up settings for a new game (difficulty, # players)
4. START within that panel starts the game
5. The green DO ECONOMY PHASE button rolls an econ phase for the AP players
6. The COMBAT button appears in the table for a given fleet clicking that or the COMBAT ABOVE PLANET button rolls out the ship and tech spending for the AP for that fleet
7. DESTROY gets rid of 1 of a given ship type
8. KNOWN TECHS brings up a menu to manually add techs to an AP (for when they steal tech from you)
9. HOMEWORLD AND COLONY DEFENSE rolls out fleets for defense

FOR RUNNING YOUR OWN SERVER:

There are basically 2 components to this: the server and the application.

The software for the server is called Tersus. Download the latest STABLE release for your OS here:
http://www.tersus.com/?Id=14

Download the Tersus App file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dvkymvar7f78ss/alienAI.tersus

Install Tersus then, run Tersus. In the program hit File -> Import

When the window pops up select the "Tersus" folder, then select "Tersus Project File"

Then hit next.

Browse for the AlienAI.tersus file I attached here and hit Finish. That should load the app.

To RUN the application, look for a Green Arrow at the top, middle portion of the Tersus Studio window. That should open up a browser window with the app.

The app runs in a browser window. The contents of your game are automatically saved to a unique URL. Try bookmarking a game after a few turns and then reloading it later. Your info should be saved, LOCALLY. The public server I have set up allows access to your game data from any device, anywhere. This local version will only run on your local home network/computer.

Currently I have a DONATE button. This website I am hosting on is pretty much the only game in town that can host the app I wrote (the app has specific requirements). They charge a monthly fee. Donating helps me swing the fee and keeps me from putting up ads, which I don't want to do. GMT would have hosted the app but they don't have the capability on their server. Do not feel obligated.

Edit: Updated for running your own server.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent!!! A couple of very brief thoughts, but overall I think this will be *very* helpful!

One quick comment -- Currently, it appears that fleet numbers can be reused if a fleet is destroyed. I tried tinkering around with it just now (not in a real game), and if I destroyed Yellow's 1st fleet (all ships), it still is displayed, but the next fleet launched is also labeled Yellow's 1st fleet. (If I reload the page, the destroyed Yellow's 1st fleet doesn't show up anymore, so it is possible to get rid of, but it is slightly confusing before reloading the page.) To duplicate this, click through Econ phases until the first fleet is launched, then destroy all ships in that fleet, then click through Econ phase again until another fleet is launched.

All said, that is very minor, and you have made a tremendous effort to help us enjoy the Solitaire even more, minimizing work outside of gameplay yet again...thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks wonderful Tempts me to give this solo variant a try, too, I've never played this one yet...

I assume you've done something that stops bots from flooding your database with unused ids?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VERY cool! I just got the expansion yesterday and was really not looking forward to manually playing the AI solo. (donated)

Any chance of getting this downloadable to run locally?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
andyvw wrote:
VERY cool! I just got the expansion yesterday and was really not looking forward to manually playing the AI solo. (donated)

Yes this can be run locally. I can provide the packages and instructions. Will probably post ina few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrono280 wrote:
andyvw wrote:

Yes this can be run locally. I can provide the packages and instructions. Will probably post ina few days.

That would be great. Really admire your hard work on this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Updated w/ instructions for running your own server.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Day
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is this still up & running?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry looks like they took the application down. The service and software I used were probably too finicky to begin with. The instructions for running your own version of the app should still work though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is unfortunate. The site was a great little tool.

I suppose I'll have to make my own app at some point, and release it to the masses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I plan on re-writing the whole thing on a different platform once we know exactly kind of changes we're going to make in Space Empires: Replicators. I'm disappointed with the old one in general. It started as an experiment in this flow-chart based programming language called Tersus and turned into a big headache.

Thanks for the kind words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.