Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My fifth game, and the first with the correct rules (I hope). My opponent, Ben, hadn't played before and wanted to be USA, so I gave him 5 points to start with. I placed in Poland and Finland, he in West Germany and France. His headline was Purge, mine Arab Israeli War, which I won. My first move included 1 influence in Austria. My second move took control of Italy. He played De-Stalinisation, and I removed the 4 influence in Finland, placing 2 in Spain and 2 in Venezuela. He played US/Japan Defence Pact as an event, and followed with Korean War, which I won (high rolling...) Decolonisation let me take Zaire and Indonesia and start on Thailand and Burma. The turns rolled on. I used the China Card to take South Korea, Afghanistan and Thailand. Vietnam revolts confimed my position in South-East Asia. He had won a VP for Mid-East Scoring, as he had Iran and I only had Syria. Fidel ocurred, as did Marshall Plan and Nato (as an event). De Gaulle and some Ops allowed me to take France, while he grasped Benelux, Greece, Turkey, and Bulgaria. Blockade foerced him to discard Nuclear Test Ban- nice! Rumania was mine thanks to the abidication. Nasser took Egypt. We struggled over Iraq. Decolonisation again allowed me more scope in Africa. The Mid War started with Vps around 0. I got stuck in a Beartrap for three turns running, discarding 1 enemy and 2 mixed events. Muslim Revolution removed him from Iraq and Iran, killing 7 Influence. The China Card events came out. I was obliged to pass Formosan Resolution, and he also had Shuttle Diplomacy as an extra. I sent John Paul II into Space. He used Misile Envy to take Brush War and then Brush War to take Brazil. I used Salt Negotiations to reclaim Brush War and then Brush War to take Mexico. Turn 5 I drew Willy Brandt and Europe Scoring, and the combination netted me 8 VPs. My hand was full of American Events, but his hand turned out to be full of Soviet ones, so no harm done. His Quagmire lasted only 1 turn. By playing Sadat Expels Soviets and Camp David Accords in the correct order I retained control of Egypt, and I also picked up Libya, Saudi Arabia, and the Gulf States: I had already used OPEC for Ops, but hopefully it would return. He scored VPs for alliance for Progress. Turn 6 saw me scoring for Dominance in Central America, and also scoring for control of most of SE Asia, which was enough to take me to -20. I don't know if he had South America scoring- which would have saved him had he played it...anyway an interesting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Weed
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
how sweet the sound...
badge
Fear The Hat !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My first game went very similar, although we played a few things wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.