GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,024 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Duel of Ages II» Forums » General

Subject: Full (?) platter list / reference rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basic set -- Basic set -- Basic set -- Basic set -- Basic set -- Basic set

1. Colossus

2. The Glade

3. The Forge

4. Catacombs

5. Lithopolis

6. Olympus

7. The Wastes

Keys A, B, C & D
Contain adventure labyrinth keys, alternative adventure labyrinth keys, two team base keys, Lith key, alliances key, ancient and colonial dome keys, yellow and a few blue encounters + a few other things.

Master set -- Master set -- Master set -- Master set -- Master set

8. Box Canyon

9. Continental Divide

10. Silver Country

11. Painted desert

12. Alamo

13. Tombstone

14. Yazoo

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Obviously shade was a good way to get rid of the glare (I guess a polarizing/UV(?) filter would be to but I don't have a filter or a very good camera.) Perfect light and perfect positioning and perfect equipment would had helped but it is what it is and I already feel like a retard for brining out a bunch of boards multiple times and taking photos of them. Compare glare and contrast (on headless rider) with shot below. I didn't knew whatever it would mess up white balance and colors due to the tree foilage. Now I know better. I've already reshoot all photos at least once. I could wait for very sunny days and I could reshot everything in the shades and I could try to avoid having the wind caught the boards and so on.. But it's quite a bit of work as is already.

15. Writhing Forests

22. Madras Stronghold

Keys E & F
Contain modern and future dome keys, last blue encounters + a few other things.

Additional "Full Series Collector" tiles -- Additional "Full Series Collector" tiles

29. Oracle

30. Boggy Hollow

31. Crags

32. Grand Tunnel

Key G and one blank board.
Contain two extra copies of the team base keys and the Lith key + three blank keys and some other blanks. Make it possible to setup two games at once with the content in all the sets.
Completely blank board with no cuts? I have no idea what that was for.

More to follow soon ..

4th July:
I shot all the other photos today but with cloudy skys at around 19.

I wonder if I should go with that or wait until it's more shiny outside. Not necessarily better with the sun light though because they may get more glare that way. Also I took these photos flat on a table because I didn't wanted to try to angle them all but.. Yeah. So I don't know whatever the quality is sufficient / something I'm happy with or not for now. As such I haven't started uploading.

5th July:
Waiting for acceptance. Also the image uploader seem to stop after a few images. Queue limit?

.. bunch of declines on the colonial ones (100% single game component.) May put them into personal gallery instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you were posting all the platter photos earlier in the week I have to admit thinking it was perhaps a bit excessive.... but.... now they're all neatly here in the thread, I gotta admit it's pretty handy. Good work & carry on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazpoint wrote:
When you were posting all the platter photos earlier in the week I have to admit thinking it was perhaps a bit excessive.... but.... now they're all neatly here in the thread, I gotta admit it's pretty handy. Good work & carry on!

Johan? Excessive? How uncharacteristic

Do carry on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bazpoint wrote:
I wouldn't have to put them in the game gallery for that though. I could put them in my own gallery if that's better.

On the other hand I know for example that in the instance of the Dungeon Twister expansions they all (?) got photos of the tiles / boards.

Personally I've found that convenient because I wanted to see how they looked (the more exclusive ones actually seem scanned or of it was high resolution photos, regardless they possibly even work as prints.)

But sure. There is a bunch.

Now photos of the 400 items .. guardians, characters, ..

Also with full I mean it will be full for now. But whatever it will be full in the future I don't know

Edit: Seem like it won't continue within the game gallery at least.
The uploader halt every now and then, I have to rewrite the titles / check what the platters are called and I cut and resave them in a different program before each upload but whatever. I'll do a little every now and when but I guess it will go into my personal gallery instead (if that's accepted. I don't know. Brett seemed to be ok with photos earlier at least when I asked him. There's also flickr and such. All rights reserved of course isn't MY rights. I just don't want to put them under some other license because then maybe someone think they are free to do whatever with them and of course someone own the rights for them.

At least I'm free to put them up in any order now because I don't have to think about how it shows up in the gallery so I can show off the colors + collector tiles rather than put up all plates in number order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If moderation would be consistent and the first ones be removed to it would be somewhat of a bitch to find them again.

As such I guess I could had prefered to just bulk upload them to flickr instead because then it would both require less work and not break and have to be re-done (which also happen because the uploader decide to not finish sometimes.)

Guess I don't really need to crop them any longer either =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably making this harder than it should be, but I'm having a dickens of a time figuring out what map platter belongs to what age. Anyone able to give me an example of all 4 ages and their color using the photos above? I'd certainly appreciate it!

I'm guessing the pinkish colored platters are future, right? But which is ancient? The torquoise or the green? The brown is colonial, that I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
I'm probably making this harder than it should be, but I'm having a dickens of a time figuring out what map platter belongs to what age. Anyone able to give me an example of all 4 ages and their color using the photos above? I'd certainly appreciate it!

I'm guessing the pinkish colored platters are future, right? But which is ancient? The torquoise or the green? The brown is colonial, that I can see.

Sure.

All in the basic are ancient, which are green.

Colonial are brown.
Modern are blue.
Future are pink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the one I thought might be a turquoise green is actually blue. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
People have different names for colors. The most common one I think is red and well, why people have name for that one is pretty obvious I guess.

I just don't use that many but there likely is more correct colors for it to.

Cyan and magenta is likely close enough and possibly cyan with yellow in it for the green one. I don't know.

You'll get a few more photos soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:

It's not you... that's pretty borderline green/blue... I'd call it aquamarine. Or maybe teal. Although from now on I guess I'lll just call it 'modern'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bazpoint wrote:
hepcat1 wrote:

It's not you... that's pretty borderline green/blue... I'd call it aquamarine. Or maybe teal. Although from now on I guess I'lll just call it 'modern'!
http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC24340.png
LightSkyBlue? PowderBlue? PaleTurquoise? LightSeaGreen? (Doesn't help that it's actually two colors in this case )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors
Aero? Baby Blue? Beau Blue? Bright Cerulean? Cadet Blue? Carolina Blue? Celestial Blue? Dark Cyan? Dark Sky Blue? ..

Green, pink/magenta, blue and brown/yellow work for me =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:

As promised (Image taken at dawn so hence the shadows. I really didn't bothered all too much about that fact though. I was out earlier playing with my sisters kid so.. it happened when it happened.
... seem like I should had bothered, these are very bluish.. =P, to try to correct or not, that's the question.)

EXCESSIVE MUCH?! I DON'T THINK SO!

I've put up the best auto corrected image to the right.

First off here's a shot of some items from all the time ages (and their colors):
(The stuff in sun light is more true colors imho.)

Yeah, very awesome sound and steady shot on this one!

Characters of all the ages & settings (three settings / age.)

Equalized:

Of course this isn't "epic faer" and "heroes" =P

Ancient platter, labyrinth key, character and item.
original
stretch contrast.

Colonial platter, labyrinth key, character and item.
original
auto levels

Inline keyword doesn't work for the four pictures above for whatever reason.

Modern platter, labyrinth key, character and item.
(original, stretch contrast, auto levels.)

Future platter, labyrinth key, character and item.
(original, auto levels, stretch contrast.)

This would had been much easier and better in good light =P

I guess you've got a fair impression about the colors and the details to expect =P

The character video I did also contain the colors of the character cards, in better light. It's in the video section for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for all the hard work. It certainly cleared up all my questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.