Subject: Separating Companions as a result of a Revealed Hunt? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Couper-Smartt
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
mb
When using standard 2nd edition Merry/Pippin (or LOME variant Gimli/Legolas/Boromir) to absorb hunt damage and separate them, it's not clear to me how this works with regards to the FSP location and the FSP track.

Example: FSP is in Rivendell and the FSP is at 3 on the FSP track before playing the action dice. They move once more and are now at 4 on the track, but the hunt succeeds and the tile drawn is "1 + Revealed".

LOME Legolas is taken to reduce the hunt damage. He can be separated instead of being eliminated. But where can he be placed?

Assume that the FSP is to be Revealed in "Old Ford". My question is this:

* Where can I place Legolas? Can I place him anywhere up to 6 spaces from Rivendell? Or can I only place him within 2 spaces of Old Ford?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He can move up to six regions. Revealing the Fellowship is the last step in Hunt resolution, so separated Companions can use any movement on the Fellowship Track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Couper-Smartt
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
mb
Brilliant. As a regular FP player, that's music to my ears!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a reminder, a companion must stop all movement when entering a shadow stronghold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Kickerz
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
I find that many players forget about this rule. It usually comes about when they have made a few successful moves on the FSP track and want to play a card that serves to separate members of the FSP and give them an extra movement of 1 or 2 spaces. These players tend to to "calculate" how many steps they need to get Strider to Gondor, but always through Moria. Regardless of the movement the companion(s) have, they can't move through Moria...so you have to calculate the movement requirements by going south or Norht of Moria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.