Carcassonne» Forums » General

Subject: How many tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eef V.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm building my own box in an old wooden little suitcase. Now I'm planning the dividers but I want to have enough space for all the tiles of all the expansions (not that I have them all... yet).

Is there anyone who knows how many tiles there are? Or has all the expansions and could do a quick measurement? I would be so grateful. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Rinther wrote:
I'm building my own box in an old wooden little suitcase. Now I'm planning the dividers but I want to have enough space for all the tiles of all the expansions (not that I have them all... yet).

Is there anyone who knows how many tiles there are? Or has all the expansions and could do a quick measurement? I would be so grateful. meeple

Isn't asking a question like this similar to asking "how long is a piece of string?"

Edit: It would also depend on what version of Carcassonne you will be housing in it: Original base game; Original version with River tiles; Wheel of Fortune; 10th Anniversary edition; Winter edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to www.carcassonnecentral.com you can download the latest Complete Annotated Rules (CAR). This gives tile distribution lists so you can work out exactly which expansions you want the storage solution to carry. (Direct Link: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check pages 174-175 of The Complete Annotated Rules for Carcassonne v. 6.3. You can easily calculate how much space you need. With Wheel of Fortune it's nearly 500 tiles. Future expansions nt included though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at these recently posted photos for a nice custom Carcassonne box:

(I had nothing to do with it - I can only take credit for linking to the photos.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, no matter how you swing it, your question is too vague, and this is why:

Do you plan to buy Wheel of Fortune and the 10th Anniversary Edition? If so, will you only store the tiles or the entire set including the basic tiles? If you plan to buy and store any part of the Anniversary Edition, it also does not require quite as much space as normal tiles because the tiles in this set were produced slightly thinner than the other versions.

Do you plan to own Spielbox expansions? If so, will you also purchase expansions that include Spielbox material, such as "Cult, Siege & Creativity" or "Count, King & Cult"? If you do plan on purchasing them both, do you intend to store all the tiles in your case or only the unique ones?

Do you plan to track down and purchase the Games Quarterly Expansion? It is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain. Don't get me started on the Cathars expansion.

Do you plan to track down Hans im Glück promos such as Corn Circles I, Windrose, or The School? If so, don't forget to leave room for those and the extra, wider meeple from School.

Do you plan to use the Tower as a tile selection method?

Do you plan to buy any spin-offs? If so, are you going to store them with the regular game or keep it/them separate?

I think that pretty much covers it, but they are all problems I have faced as a Carcassonne completist. I have ended up purchasing basically everything mentioned here, but some I rarely use and some is simply redundant. I store the materials in a Plano box and the meeples in the bag I also use to draw from during games. Depending which path you choose, here, make sure you count up all the tiles and materials first to ensure there is room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.