Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really hard for me to keep track of which squad is which while I'm playing ... I can't and won't try to paint these minis.

Any ideas out there on how to "personalize" the squads, so I can quickly remember which is which during a game? A quick example: What could I do to, say, the BBQ Boys squad to help me instantly know it's them?

Would the Dust decals work? Maybe on the base or something?

Love the game, but when I'm playing my son, all his squads look the same, and he gets sick of me asking every 2 minutes.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could simply paint around the outside edge of the bases - would be faster than applying decals I would think, and you'd be able to quickly tell which one was which. And also, if at some later point, you (or your so n) decide to paint the minis, you haven't really done anything that needs to be undone.

This is actually the reason why I decided to paint my units - I'd never painted minis before, and painted my Dust ones so I could tell the guys apart - now it's become a bit of an obsession and hobby for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
You could simply paint around the outside edge of the bases - would be faster than applying decals I would think, and you'd be able to quickly tell which one was which. And also, if at some later point, you (or your so n) decide to paint the minis, you haven't really done anything that needs to be undone.

This is actually the reason why I decided to paint my units - I'd never painted minis before, and painted my Dust ones so I could tell the guys apart - now it's become a bit of an obsession and hobby for me!

This is the route I took. On top of that, I've been painting the base of the unit leader a little bit darker for those times when it matters, since I can never remember who's in charge anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.