Subject: Mayfair v Hans im Gluck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the Mayfair box is smaller so it's easier to transport but I like the Hans Im Gluck graphics on the board better. You can probably get the mayfair version easier and cheaper though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mayfair tiles are a bit easier to identify on the board, being outlined in the color of the tile. I think the HiG tiles are better looking, but harder to identify. I think the Hans im Gluck version is superior in most all other ways, as the board is just so hideously busy in the Mayfair version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i posted a bunch of side-by-side pics between the two a couple months back.

HiG box is modestly bigger.

HiG has a 4-folding, slightly bigger board with (imho) much better art.

the tiles are different, and i think this is much more "eye of the beholder". i love the actual art on the mayfair release, but the HiG ones seem to allow better visualization when looking at a full board.

the HiG player shields are bigger and have different styles at the top for slight differentiation. this is a huge factor imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.