Popular Tags: Wargame [+] TS [+] [View All]
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love Twilight Struggle. I will be writing a full review soon but in the mean time I made a helper-sheet to be used with the game. One of the problems I had during the game is continually keeping track of who controls what. This document is to be printed out and placed beside the game. You can use the extra counters to make ownership. This is version 1.0, any suggestions on improvement please let me know.

http://www.wargamenews.com/wp-content/Games/TShelper1.0.doc

I will add the final version of the file here when done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan R. Moon
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
I like the game a lot too Joe. An easier solution is to use Meeples or glass beads (in red and blue) to mark the countries when they are controlled by one side or the other. Then you can just look at the map and tell what's what.

Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Thank you Joe! This should be most helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alanrmoon wrote:
I like the game a lot too Joe. An easier solution is to use Meeples or glass beads (in red and blue) to mark the countries when they are controlled by one side or the other. Then you can just look at the map and tell what's what.

Alan

Yes, I think this is a much better way to go than to keep a seperate sheet. I saw someone using red and blue wooden cubes and that worked fine. I think glass beads would be an even better solution if they were transparent. Although, actually, in the times I've played the game, I haven't really needed to use any extra device. It was faster just to make a quick count whenever needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of using glass beads as well but thought it would make the game look to much like a Eurogame!

I prefer the second sheet, it is faster to look at then having extra cluter on the map and you know use wargamers we like extra stuff all over the place.

My wife (who plays the game) prefers not to use the helper, she like the fact that her enemy may "miss" the fact that she has control of a region, she likes to fly under the rader per say... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just updated the file and and fixed one error. Version 2.0 is up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
alanrmoon wrote:

Alan

We did exactly the same thing, two rounds into our first turn of our first game (with red/blue cubes). It helps a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 3.0 has been submitted to the database.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
alanrmoon wrote:

Alan

So you are responsible for this great idea!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
JoeSteadman wrote:
I thought of using glass beads as well but thought it would make the game look to much like a Eurogame!

I prefer the second sheet, it is faster to look at then having extra cluter on the map and you know use wargamers we like extra stuff all over the place.

My wife (who plays the game) prefers not to use the helper, she like the fact that her enemy may "miss" the fact that she has control of a region, she likes to fly under the rader per say... cool

Yes good for you. Well call me when you upload a helper that gets ones wife to play this game with them.

That is the helper we are all waiting for.

You could be richer than Bill Gates, at least in Geek gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd edition has white on one side of the influence markers (for both sides) and then blue or red, respectively, for USA or USSR. You play white until you achieve control. It still helps to have something to mark the battleground states, but its not that much and its easy to glance at the board and see who has what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.