Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Blaine
United States
Fulton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently bought the game for $3 and was looking forward to playing it with my wifekiss, who tends to dislike strategy intensive games. This one flies below her radar, being too fast and easy for veto, and she even won 2/3 games!

Game one was a learning curve, and we both soon realized that the rules were unclear about what to do with opponent pieces dropped on their 'finish' spot. Since the rules state that they go 'home' regardless of the owner ot the pile, we agreed to make it a shortcut home, and based on my ineptness in this regard, she won that one.

Game two I was more careful, trying to move so as to minimize the 'freebie' effect. It was very close, but I won.

Game three I got greedy.arrrh I left 4 pieces on my starting spot, hoping to force her to take them over. But by forming a tower, she could then 'jump' this stack and also freeze it in place at the cost of only one of her pieces. All 4 of my other pieces made it home quickly, but then I had no legal moves left and she could take her time winning. Note to self: never leave more than 3 pieces on the starting spot!

The rules were easy to learn and teach, the game was fast and fun. I'm sure that id I'd been playing with a 'deep thinker' kind of player, it could have dragged on much like a chess game can, but we kept it quick and light. The game was fun for two but I can see how it would really be great with four. Can't wait to try it out!

ThomasinNY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.