Hide
7 Posts

The Succession Wars» Forums » Variants

Subject: Event Card Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sa 311
msg tools
Here is a proposed expansion to the current event cards. In addition to adding variety to the event cards, I think this expansion makes combat somewhat more interesting and would address a couple of issues in the game, like having no incentive to garrison provinces. These cards would go in the deck with the current ones.

Star League Supply Cache Discovered (upgrade unit to prewar strength for free)^1 4 Cards per deck

Periphery State Offer Alliance (periphery can’t raid or attack house that plays card)^1 2 Cards per deck

Periphery State Ends Alliance (periphery will resume attacks on house)^1 2 Cards per deck

Periphery State Attack (attacks with 3 units)^1 4 Cards per deck

A House Mourns (Leader from a target House suffers a heart attack remove card from game)^1 1 Card per deck

Command Circuit (up to 3 targets units and 1 leader can move on an unlimited number of jumpships for 1 turn, -10 c bills)^2 2 Cards per deck

Targeted attack (Choose one enemy casualty per round/turn/barrage of combat)^2 3 Cards per deck

Battlefield Salvage (In a single round/turn/barrage of combat, if player inflicts a KIA it can reform one of its destroyed units in the region to its lowest strength)^2 4 Cards per deck

Industrial Accident (Manufacturing Center damaged on a roll of 7 or less)^2 2 Cards per deck

Mercenary unit discovers Star League Memory Core (tech +7 remove card from deck)^2 1 Card per deck

Guerrilla Strike (unit destroyed in an occupied territory^3 and occupier collects no taxes from that province)^2 3 Cards per deck

Political Upheaval (All Leaders of a target house may not move participate in combat or add admin bonus to taxes) renamed^2 1 Card per deck

Pirate incursion (all ungarrisioned provinces loses tax income for a turn, provinces with garrisons make an attack roll with all units, with one successful attack nothing happens, otherwise province loses tax income for a turn)^2 4 Cards per deck

Court Intrigue (1 targeted leader of a house may not move participate in combat or add admin bonus to taxes) 3 Cards per deck

Political Unrest (Target house loses control of all ungarrisoned provinces [they revert to neutral control]) 2 Cards per deck

Insurrection (Targeted province attacked with conventional unit [unit is meant to represent mishmash of rebel forces if they win it becomes a neutral province]) 3 Cards per deck

Operation Holy Shroud (-5 tech on target house) 1 Card per deck

Operation Holy Shroud II (-2 tech on target house) 4 Cards per deck

Industrial Espionage (-1 tech on target house, +1 tech to house who plays card, target house must be at +1 or higher on technology scale to play) 2 Cards per deck

Industrial Sabotage (targeted manufacturing facility cannot build or upgrade units for one 1 turn) 3 Cards per deck

Arms sales (Choose a periphery state, roll die, 1 builds a new damaged mech regiment for 9 c bills, on a roll of 2-3 upgrades mech regiment for 6 c bills, roll of 4-10 builds new conventional unit for 4 c bills) 3 Cards per deck

Guerilla Offensive (unit destroyed in an occupied territory^3 and then province attacked with 2 conventional units, occupier collects no taxes from that province if they maintain control) 1 Card per deck

Sneak attack (Attacker get free/unopposed combat roll at start of combat)^4 3 Cards per deck

It’s a trap (Defender get free/unopposed combat roll at start of combat)^4 3 Cards per deck

Commander’s Intuition (Leader must be present to play card. Counters Sneak attack or It’s a trap, and give opposes forces -1 to combat strength) 2 Cards per deck

Pirate Jump Point (A single jumpship may pass through a province with enemy combat units if it has enough movement) 2 Cards per deck

Rescue Mission (On a roll of 7 or less you free a POW leader from your House) 2 Cards per deck

Commander’s Intuition (Leader must be present to play card. Counters Sneak attack or It’s a trap, and give opposes forces -1 to combat strength)

Good governance (Double the normal amount of taxes from leader’s administration skill, applies to all of a house’s leaders leaders for current turn only) 2 Cards per deck

Corrupt Officials (No taxes from leader’s administration skill, applies to all of a house’s leaders for current turn only) 2 Cards per deck

Factory Efficiencies (-2 cost for House mech regiments and -1 cost for conventional units for one turn) 2 Cards per deck

Inefficient Factory (+2 cost for House mech regiments and +1 cost for conventional units for one turn) 2 Cards per deck

^1 From Player's Edition Succession War Rules by E. Alexopoulos (board game geeks username Stargazer1x)
^2 Based on cards from Player's Edition Succession War Rules by E. Alexopoulos (board game geeks username Stargazer1x) with modifications
^3 Occupied territory is any province not owned by its original scenario setup owner (for example Emerson is a Liao province in the 1st Succession War setup, but a Davion province in the 4th Succession War setup)
^4 If Sneak Attack and It's a trap played in the same turn they counteract each other and combat occurs as normal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sa311 wrote:
Here is a proposed expansion to the current event cards. In addition to adding variety to the event cards, I think this expansion makes combat somewhat more interesting and would address a couple of issues in the game, like having no incentive to garrison provinces. These cards would go in the deck with the current ones.

Is this the complete list, how many total cards in the deck? Are the timing mechanisms removed from the cards? I do not agree with garrisoning the provinces. Between the food shortages and the pirate raids it was just enough to annoy and affect the Houses. It is already difficult to make progress in this extremely long game without forcing players to pull units off the line and turtle. My comments on the cards are as follows:

sa311 wrote:

Star League Supply Cache Discovered (upgrade unit to prewar strength for free)^1 4 Cards per deck

Not sure why the wording was changed. What does 'prewar' mean?

sa311 wrote:

Periphery State Offer Alliance (periphery can’t raid or attack house that plays card)^1 2 Cards per deck

Periphery State Ends Alliance (periphery will resume attacks on house)^1 2 Cards per deck

I think more of the periphery cards are needed or this will cease to become part of the game

sa311 wrote:

Periphery State Attack (attacks with 3 units)^1 4 Cards per deck

A House Mourns (Leader from a target House suffers a heart attack remove card from game)^1 1 Card per deck

Command Circuit (up to 3 targets units and 1 leader can move on an unlimited number of jumpships for 1 turn, -10 c bills)^2 2 Cards per deck

Targeted attack (Choose one enemy casualty per round/turn/barrage of combat)^2 3 Cards per deck

Two Targeted Attack cards is plenty.

sa311 wrote:

Battlefield Salvage (In a single round/turn/barrage of combat, if player inflicts a KIA it can reform one of its destroyed units in the region to its lowest strength)^2 4 Cards per deck

Industrial Accident (Manufacturing Center damaged on a roll of 7 or less)^2 2 Cards per deck

Why the need for the roll? Other similar cards below are automatic.

sa311 wrote:

Mercenary unit discovers Star League Memory Core (tech +7 remove card from deck)^2 1 Card per deck

Guerrilla Strike (unit destroyed in an occupied territory^3 and occupier collects no taxes from that province)^2 3 Cards per deck

Not sure why this card was changed. The terminology (occupied territory) will need to be changed throughout the rules, which will be a pain. Also, for how long does the occupier not collect taxes?

sa311 wrote:

Political Upheaval (All Leaders of a target house may not move participate in combat or add admin bonus to taxes) renamed^2 1 Card per deck

Pirate incursion (all ungarrisioned provinces loses tax income for a turn, provinces with garrisons make an attack roll with all units, with one successful attack nothing happens, otherwise province loses tax income for a turn)^2 4 Cards per deck

Pirates hitting all ungarrisioned provinces at once??? Sounds like a House assault to me. This card will force players to turtle and slow the game down.

sa311 wrote:

Court Intrigue (1 targeted leader of a house may not move participate in combat or add admin bonus to taxes) 3 Cards per deck

I like this card. Two cards is plenty.

sa311 wrote:

Political Unrest (Target house loses control of all ungarrisoned provinces [they revert to neutral control]) 2 Cards per deck

Don't like this card. promotes turtling and slows the game down. I would prefer to encourage combat between the Houses.

sa311 wrote:

Insurrection (Targeted province attacked with conventional unit [unit is meant to represent mishmash of rebel forces if they win it becomes a neutral province]) 3 Cards per deck

I could take or leave this card. At least its affect is localized. needs timing direction.

sa311 wrote:

Operation Holy Shroud (-5 tech on target house) 1 Card per deck

Operation Holy Shroud II (-2 tech on target house) 4 Cards per deck

I do not like the Op Shroud cards. It is already very difficult to raise the House technology level. In testing playing, I found that players rarely spend Cbs for R&D because of the risk.

sa311 wrote:

Industrial Espionage (-1 tech on target house, +1 tech to house who plays card, target house must be at +1 or higher on technology scale to play) 2 Cards per deck[

I like this card. Needs timing directions.

sa311 wrote:

Industrial Sabotage (targeted manufacturing facility cannot build or upgrade units for one 1 turn) 3 Cards per deck

I like this card. needs timing directions. Should there be a cost to repairing the damage? Two cards is probably enough.

sa311 wrote:

Arms sales (Choose a periphery state, roll die, 1 builds a new damaged mech regiment for 9 c bills, on a roll of 2-3 upgrades mech regiment for 6 c bills, roll of 4-10 builds new conventional unit for 4 c bills) 3 Cards per deck

This card does not mesh with the revised periphery rules. Periphery states do not have Cbs to spend and do not place units on the board.

sa311 wrote:

Guerilla Offensive (unit destroyed in an occupied territory^3 and then province attacked with 2 conventional units, occupier collects no taxes from that province if they maintain control) 1 Card per deck

I'm on the fence about this card. Virtually same comments as 'Guerrilla Strike'. I like the flavor of the card but don't think it's affect is worth the bog down factor.

sa311 wrote:

Sneak attack (Attacker get free/unopposed combat roll at start of combat)^4 3 Cards per deck

It’s a trap (Defender get free/unopposed combat roll at start of combat)^4 3 Cards per deck

I do not like these cards. Giving one side a free combat roll is way too powerful. There will be large battles (upwards of 15 units per side). A free combat roll will make for a lopsided victory which the losing side will not recover. Nothing frustrates a player more than playing a game for several hours only to have his game ruined by a single card.

sa311 wrote:

Commander’s Intuition (Leader must be present to play card. Counters Sneak attack or It’s a trap, and give opposes forces -1 to combat strength) 2 Cards per deck

Pirate Jump Point (A single jumpship may pass through a province with enemy combat units if it has enough movement) 2 Cards per deck

As a player I would discard this card every time I drew it. Why would I send 1 jumpship behind enemy lines where the forces cannot be reinforced? The jumpship would also be stranded behind enemy lines and most likely captured.

sa311 wrote:

Rescue Mission (On a roll of 7 or less you free a POW leader from your House) 2 Cards per deck

On the fence about this card. It is already difficult to capture leaders. I'd hate to see someone not reap the benefit of capturing a leader. I think the rescue attempt should at least have some cost attached to it such as loss of a unit and/or Cb cost.

sa311 wrote:

Commander’s Intuition (Leader must be present to play card. Counters Sneak attack or It’s a trap, and give opposes forces -1 to combat strength)

Good governance (Double the normal amount of taxes from leader’s administration skill, applies to all of a house’s leaders leaders for current turn only) 2 Cards per deck

I like this card, I just think it should be toned down a bit and apply to only 1 leader instead of all leaders.

sa311 wrote:

Corrupt Officials (No taxes from leader’s administration skill, applies to all of a house’s leaders for current turn only) 2 Cards per deck

Like this card but should apply to only 1 leader.

sa311 wrote:

Factory Efficiencies (-2 cost for House mech regiments and -1 cost for conventional units for one turn) 2 Cards per deck

Inefficient Factory (+2 cost for House mech regiments and +1 cost for conventional units for one turn) 2 Cards per deck

I actually had cards similar to these but they did not make the cut. The deck in the Player's Edition rules has been fine tuned so that certain cards are seen on a regular basis. Increasing the deck size destroys the balance. I like these cards but something needed to be cut, and I think there are many other cards that are better.

sa311 wrote:

^1 From Player's Edition Succession War Rules by E. Alexopoulos (board game geeks username Stargazer1x)
^2 Based on cards from Player's Edition Succession War Rules by E. Alexopoulos (board game geeks username Stargazer1x) with modifications
^3 Occupied territory is any province not owned by its original scenario setup owner (for example Emerson is a Liao province in the 1st Succession War setup, but a Davion province in the 4th Succession War setup)
^4 If Sneak Attack and It's a trap played in the same turn they counteract each other and combat occurs as normal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sa 311
msg tools
This is going to be long, I apologize beforehand.

Stargazer1x wrote:
Is this the complete list, how many total cards in the deck? Are the timing mechanisms removed from the cards? I do not agree with garrisoning the provinces. Between the food shortages and the pirate raids it was just enough to annoy and affect the Houses. It is already difficult to make progress in this extremely long game without forcing players to pull units off the line and turtle. My comments on the cards are as follows:

Hey I appreciate your feedback! I think that the player's guide is an awesome variant. There would be 123 cards in the deck. The original 48 cards and then this 75 card expansion pack. While some of these cards could be incorporated into your player's guide variant, the expansion pack is made to stand alone. I left out the time portion on my cards, I will go back and add that in. Thanks for pointing out the oversight.

For me, I think that garrisoned provinces makes sense.

From the back story and fiction it seemed like the Free Worlds League in particular was hamstrung by internal unrest, rebellions and civil wars. However, the Draconis Combine had to deal with an insurgency in what would become the Free Rasalhague Republic, Steiner had to deal with Skye, and Liao had secessionist movement after the 4th Succession War. Additionally you had pirates and raids from the periphery.

From a gameplay perspective, it seems that virtually every game all the players except Liao have a few weakly defended provinces on their border with other players, one or two strong points (often Robinson, Deiron, Skye, Emerson and Marik) and then nothing guarding the rear. Even with these cards, players could still leave their heartland undefended, but there would now be a risk to it (though in general the reward of having troops on the frontlines would outweigh the risks of having undefended provinces)

Stargazer1x wrote:
Not sure why the wording was changed. What does 'prewar' mean?

I was just trying to make it similar to the wording on the original cards #40-43

"41 Star League. Rebuild destroyed unit to prewar strength at normal cost. May be played during Build Phase only"

Stargazer1x wrote:
I think more of the periphery cards are needed or this will cease to become part of the game

How many more?

Stargazer1x wrote:
Two Targeted Attack cards is plenty.

Ok.

Stargazer1x wrote:
Why the need for the roll? Other similar cards below are automatic.

The similar cards only disable a factory for one turn, and after that it resume operations. This card damages the factory. It will take 20 c bills to repair it and it should also hurt the player on the technology scale.

Stargazer1x wrote:
Not sure why this card was changed. The terminology (occupied territory) will need to be changed throughout the rules, which will be a pain. Also, for how long does the occupier not collect taxes?

I changed it because maybe instead of the Grey Death Legion finding the memory core on Helm it was Snord's Irregulars, or the Kell Hounds, and they found a similar memory core on a different planet. If You are playing Liao and Kurita has the Grey Death Legion in his service, how would you benefit from them somehow finding this technology in Marik territory?

No taxes for one turn

Stargazer1x wrote:
Pirates hitting all ungarrisioned provinces at once??? Sounds like a House assault to me. This card will force players to turtle and slow the game down.

I left out the words periphery bordering on the pirate card. This card represents increased pirate activity. So, with undefended provinces, you automatically lose the tax income for one turn, with the garrisoned provinces, they may or may not lose income.

Stargazer1x wrote:
I like this card. Two cards is plenty.

Ok. I just wanted it to be more common than it's more powerful brother Political Upheaval

Stargazer1x wrote:
Don't like this card. promotes turtling and slows the game down. I would prefer to encourage combat between the Houses.

See my opening response. We just disagree about garrisons.

Stargazer1x wrote:
I could take or leave this card. At least its affect is localized. needs timing direction

What kind of timing direction do you propose?

Stargazer1x wrote:
I do not like the Op Shroud cards. It is already very difficult to raise the House technology level. In testing playing, I found that players rarely spend Cbs for R&D because of the risk.

I wanted a counter two things in the game. As you conquer more territory it makes you exponentially stronger. Not only is your tax base increasing, your tech score is going up too. I think this would counterbalance it. Especially when usually in the fiction the technology is stagnant or decreasing, except for a few bursts of rapid advances here and there. Also on balance, there would be one +7 tech card, two +5 tech card and five +3 tech cards compared to one -5 tech card and three -2 tech cards. So in general the cards would still provide a net increase to tech.

Stargazer1x wrote:
I like this card. Needs timing directions.

What do you propose?

Stargazer1x wrote:
I like this card. needs timing directions. Should there be a cost to repairing the damage? Two cards is probably enough.

Point taken about 2 cards. What do you propose for timing? I don't think there should be a repair cost, but I'm open to it, since it's just for a single turn. But paying 20 c bills to bring it back online just like any other damaged center would make sense.

Stargazer1x wrote:
This card does not mesh with the revised periphery rules. Periphery states do not have Cbs to spend and do not place units on the board.

I wanted a little more flair in giving the player free cash, rather than saying "Germanium deposit found"

Stargazer1x wrote:
I'm on the fence about this card. Virtually same comments as 'Guerrilla Strike'. I like the flavor of the card but don't think it's affect is worth the bog down factor.

ok

Stargazer1x wrote:
I do not like these cards. Giving one side a free combat roll is way too powerful. There will be large battles (upwards of 15 units per side). A free combat roll will make for a lopsided victory which the losing side will not recover. Nothing frustrates a player more than playing a game for several hours only to have his game ruined by a single card.

Well from the fiction it seems that Liao managed to carry out a sneak attack on Stein's Folly and had a trap prepared for Davion when they counter attacked. What if there was a limit on the amount of free attacks, like 8-10 at most? Also if you play this card thinking it will be an easy victory, then somebody plays commander's intuition on you it would be a bad, bad day, if you had based your entire plan on the free attacks.

Stargazer1x wrote:
As a player I would discard this card every time I drew it. Why would I send 1 jumpship behind enemy lines where the forces cannot be reinforced? The jumpship would also be stranded behind enemy lines and most likely captured.

I have been in situations where the enemy's capital is undefended but they have one territory in front of it with a weak defender that will slow it down just enough to stop me from seizing it. This card is situational. But a jumpship 5 with powerful units behind enemy lines can certainly be trouble.

Stargazer1x wrote:
On the fence about this card. It is already difficult to capture leaders. I'd hate to see someone not reap the benefit of capturing a leader. I think the rescue attempt should at least have some cost attached to it such as loss of a unit and/or Cb cost.

Well on the flip side there are three free bribe attempt cards and three blackmail cards. Though I would be open to on a failed roll picking one mech unit that dies in the rescue attempt because that would add some flavor to the card.

Stargazer1x wrote:
I like this card, I just think it should be toned down a bit and apply to only 1 leader instead of all leaders.

Like this card but should apply to only 1 leader

If it only applied to one leader the advantage/disadvantage of the card wouldn't be very impactful. I like it better when it has more power.

Stargazer1x wrote:
I actually had cards similar to these but they did not make the cut. The deck in the Player's Edition rules has been fine tuned so that certain cards are seen on a regular basis. Increasing the deck size destroys the balance. I like these cards but something needed to be cut, and I think there are many other cards that are better.

Though I like how these cards could have synergy with the arms sales and good governance cards. Also, I like the variety that comes with a larger deck. In a long enough game though, you'll still see everything.

I really appreciate your feedback, and if you could propose timings it'd be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This tread is getting a bit long, so I'll try to be brief.

The terminology change I was referring to was not the mercenary name, but 'occupied territory'. The original rules do not use consistent terminology in some cases, which is why I reworded many cards.

For the Op Shroud cards: Conquering more territory doesn't necessarily mean an increase in tech level. What happens if these cards are played on the power that is beaten up?

I can't imagine a saboteur doing 20 million Cbs were of damage. 5 million Cbs is probably good.

Regarding the free attack cards: Even if the cards limit the number of units it will still be devastating. 8-10 units would translate to around 4 or 5 kills without any loses and the battle has just begun. Did you check out my session report? Note that losses of 3 or 4 units per battle really wear down a House. Do you have other cards which give bonuses to combat strength? If so, those cards in combo with a free attack will be the destruction of one side while the other would take hardly a scratch. That force would then proceed to cut a swath through the enemy House - game over. Please keep in mind the scale of the game. You're dealing with regiments, there is hardy a trap that can be set that can wipe out 3, 4, or more regiments at once.

The jumpship pirate point card IMHO is too situational to have in the deck.

Garrisons: You sited the fiction in several places, but IMO forcing players to garrison backwater worlds goes against the fiction. Those worlds were intentionally not garrisoned because they lacked resources, population, industry and etc. The prize worlds surround terra and it's here the Houses concentrate their 'meager' resources.

It sounds like you will be revising some mechanics and I think you'll need to playtest them. As for timing, I don't know that I can give you direction on this since some mechanics will be different. Timing will need to be developed during playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sa 311
msg tools
Here's an updated list, taking your feedback into consideration. Let me know what you think. It would now add 67 cards to the standards deck, for a total of 115

Leaders (10 Cards)

A House Mourns (Leader from a target House suffers a heart attack and dies, remove card from game, may be played at any time) 1 Card per deck

Political Upheaval (All Leaders of a target house may not move, participate in combat, or add admin bonus to taxes, may be played at any time) 1 Card per deck

Court Intrigue (1 targeted leader of a house may not move, participate in combat, or add admin bonus to taxes, may be played at any time) 2 Cards per deck

Good governance (Double the normal amount of taxes from leader’s administration skill, applies to all of a house’s leaders for current turn only, may be played at any time) 2 Cards per deck

Corrupt Officials (No taxes from leader’s administration skill, applies to all of a house’s leaders for current turn only, may be played at any time) 2 Cards per deck

Rescue Mission (On a roll of 7 or less you free a captured leader, if roll fails, remove a mech unit from any province, since it died in the rescue attempt, may be played at any time) 2 Cards per deck

Combat (12 Cards)

Targeted attack (Choose one enemy casualty per round/turn/barrage of combat, may be played during combat phase only) 2 Cards per deck

Battlefield Salvage (In a single round/turn/barrage of combat, if player inflicts a KIA it can reform one of its destroyed units in the region to its lowest strength, may be played during combat phase only) 4 Cards per deck

Sneak attack (Up to five attacking mech regiments get free/unopposed combat rolls at start of combat [only one roll per unit, so to get 5 rolls it takes different 5 units], may be played during combat phase only)^2 2 Cards per deck

It’s a trap (Up to five defending mech regiments get free/unopposed combat rolls at start of combat [only one roll per unit, so to get 5 rolls it takes 5 units], may be played during combat phase only)^2 2 Cards per deck

Commander’s Intuition (Leader must be present to play card. Counteracts Sneak attack or It’s a trap, and give all opposing forces -1 to combat strength for remainder of current combat, may be played during combat phase only) 2 Cards per deck

Technology (8 Cards)

Industrial Espionage (-1 tech on target house, +1 tech to house who plays card, target house must be at +1 or higher on technology scale to play, effects on tech scale are immediate, may be played during build phase only) 2 Cards per deck

Mercenary unit discovers Star League Memory Core (tech +7 remove card from deck, may be played at any time) 1 Card per deck

Operation Holy Shroud (-5 tech on target house, -3 tech on target house if they are at 0 or lower on tech scale, may be played at any time) 1 Card per deck

Operation Holy Shroud II (-2 tech on target house, -1 tech on target house if they are at 0 or lower on tech scale, may be played at any time) 4 Cards per deck

Industry/Economy (12 Cards)

Industrial Accident (Manufacturing Center damaged on a roll of 7 or less, may be played at any time) 1 Card per deck

Industrial Sabotage (targeted manufacturing facility cannot build or upgrade units for one 1 turn, Player can repair it at normal repair cost for immediate use, may be played at any time) 2 Cards per deck

Star League Supply Cache Discovered (upgrade unit to greatest strength listed on counter for free, may be played during build phase only) 4 Cards per deck

Germanium supply discovered (+25 C bills, remove card from deck, may be played at any time) 1 card per deck

Factory Efficiencies (-2 cost for House mech regiments and -1 cost for conventional units for one turn, may be played during build phase only) 2 Cards per deck

Inefficient Factory (+2 cost for House mech regiments and +1 cost for conventional units for one turn, may be played at any time) 2 Cards per deck

Movement (4 Cards)

Command Circuit (up to 5 targets units and 2 leaders can move on an unlimited number of jumpships for 1 turn, units and leaders must end movement in same province, may be played during movement phase only) 2 Cards per deck

Pirate Jump Point (A single jumpship may pass through a province with enemy combat units if it has enough movement, may be played during movement phase only) 2 Cards per deck

Periphery (12 Cards)

Periphery State Offer Alliance (periphery state can’t raid or attack house that plays card, may be played at any time) 2 Cards per deck

Periphery State Ends Alliance (periphery state will resume attacks on house, may be played at any time) 2 Cards per deck

Periphery State Attack (attacks province bordering a periphery state with 3 units, may be played at any time) 4 Cards per deck

Pirate incursion (all ungarrisioned provinces bordering periphery loses tax income for a turn, provinces with garrisons make an attack roll with all units, with one successful attack nothing happens, otherwise province loses tax income for a turn, may be played at any time) 4 Cards per deck

Uprisings (9 Cards)

Guerrilla Strike (unit destroyed in an occupied territory^1 and occupier collects no taxes from that province for one turn, may be played at any time) 3 Cards per deck

Guerilla Offensive (unit destroyed in an occupied territory^1 and then province attacked with 2 conventional units, occupier collects no taxes from that province for one turn if they maintain control, may be played at any time) 1 Card per deck

Insurrection (Targeted province attacked with conventional unit [unit is meant to represent mishmash of rebel forces, if they win it becomes a neutral province], may be played at any time) 3 Cards per deck

Political Unrest (Target house loses control of all ungarrisoned provinces [they revert to neutral control], may be played at any time) 2 Cards per deck

^1 Occupied territory is any province not owned by its original scenario setup owner (for example Emerson is a Liao province in the 1st Succession War setup, but a Davion province in the 4th Succession War setup)
^2 If Sneak Attack and It's a trap played in the same turn they counteract each other and combat occurs as normal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sa311 wrote:
Here's an updated list, taking your feedback into consideration. Let me know what you think. It would now add 67 cards to the standards deck, for a total of 115

You seem to have an even spread, although I don't know what the distribution will look like with the other 48 cards. The combat and periphery/pirate cards seem a little light. Most of your proposed cards will have very intense effects. I think you need to get a group of guys together and try them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sa 311
msg tools
Here is what the normal deck looks like

Technology (7 Cards)

Advance Technology by +3 x 5

Advance Technology by +5 x 2

Production (9 Cards)

Build JumpShip 3 at no cost x 2

Build unit at no cost x 3

Rebuild destroyed unit to prewar strength at normal cost x 4

Leaders (6 Cards)

Loyalty check x 3

Blackmail x 3

Combat (14 Cards)

ComStar Regional Interdict -2 x 5

Regional combat bonus +2 x 5

ComStar Place House Interdict x 1

Comstar Lift House Interdict x 1

Death Commando x 2

Espionage (4 Cards)

Spy. Look at another player's cards x 2

Spy Trade cards with another play x 2

Mercenaries (8 Cards)

Contract ends x 5

Create new Mercenary unit x 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.