Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: More tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Having in mind that the base tile set is rather exhausted, as it has already covered 3 stories (base game, downloadae scenario and latest expansion) it is high time for some additional tiles. Those locations have been doscovered already many times. Withthe upcomming "big box" expansion there should be new set of tiles in a number of at least the base game. That would give a potential for new stories or at least development of the curent line.
Looking forward for the big box!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Their potential is only exhausted when you run out of possible stories to tell. The non-location specific tiles can be anywhere.

More tiles seems to be coming as I believe there is mention of outdoor adventures and a mouse town. I would guess the outdoor part at least will get tiles.

dorywalski wrote:
Having in mind that the base tile set is rather exhausted, as it has already covered 3 stories (base game, downloadae scenario and latest expansion) it is high time for some additional tiles. Those locations have been doscovered already many times. Withthe upcomming "big box" expansion there should be new set of tiles in a number of at least the base game. That would give a potential for new stories or at least development of the curent line.
Looking forward for the big box!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been said before that the second big expansion will have new tiles.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see pictures of the new tiles on Jerry's twitter feed. I'm sure they are still in prototype form but they look awesome (especially the leaf boats).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
It has been said before that the second big expansion will have new tiles.
Yes, we have 8 tiles planned that depict the forest floor of the Downwood. 16 locations in all, just like the base game. These new tiles can be used in conjunction with the original base game tiles.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
Their potential is only exhausted when you run out of possible stories to tell. The non-location specific tiles can be anywhere.

More tiles seems to be coming as I believe there is mention of outdoor adventures and a mouse town. I would guess the outdoor part at least will get tiles.

dorywalski wrote:
Having in mind that the base tile set is rather exhausted, as it has already covered 3 stories (base game, downloadae scenario and latest expansion) it is high time for some additional tiles. Those locations have been doscovered already many times. Withthe upcomming "big box" expansion there should be new set of tiles in a number of at least the base game. That would give a potential for new stories or at least development of the current line.
Looking forward for the big box!


To be honest, I don't want to play another 3-4 stories with the same set of tiles - even if the story changes. I need more variety to keep the game alive.
I am aware that new tiles are coming with the "big expansion" however as PHG already released downloadable story (would love to see more), other parts (like dice, minis) are available to by separately - there could be a separate set of new tiles (that will not be available in base game or big box expansion).
Just thinking... I would like to have more tiles and more stories.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
josh werrmann
United States
Springboro
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A new big box expansion for my favorite game? Oh hell yes!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
youperguy wrote:
It has been said before that the second big expansion will have new tiles.
Yes, we have 8 tiles planned that depict the forest floor of the Downwood. 16 locations in all, just like the base game. These new tiles can be used in conjunction with the original base game tiles.


Jerry that is great! I am happy that there will be 8 more that is great.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.