Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you get:
42 cards
1 Instructions booklet
1 flimsy zip lock

Theme:

So each player is a fleet of ships dropping out of light speed to do battle over some space rocks. Good times! Nothing about this game is going to suck you in it's just not that kind of game. The theme is more or less an excuse for the mechanics though I admit they are very well paired. You find yourself not caring much about the theme, this is mostly due to the lack of production value
Score 8/10 (hey the theme isn't bad it's just the bits)

Bits:

Okay this is a Cheapass game so i wasn't expecting much but i was still underwhelmed. The card art while clean and professional looks like something from a bad 80s video game box. The cards themselves feel like they are printed on standard computer paper, and worst of all they are a totally nonstandard size so good luck finding protectors to make the game last. The biggest let down however is you need a pretty large number of counters which they do not include. Cheap ass indeed! At least give us everything we need to play guys come on.
Score 3/10

Mechanics:

I will save you a verbatim of the rules and just give you how things play out. So the big mechanic is point your card's "lasers” at your friends card. You put the cards down one card at a time this leads to a "ha got you.. no no i got you... but i got you from behind.. etc.." scenario which is very fun. The thing that makes the above mentioned mechanic even better is the fact that you have to do this at high speed because the first person to put all their ships out says stop and no more ships can hit the table. With ships dropping at high speed it's hard to take it all in and you end up killing at least one of your own ships more often then not.
Over all i feel like the theme and the mechanics mesh very well and it leads to some fast frenzied game play, something not too common in what is at heart a strategy game.
Score 7.5/10

All Things Considered:

well I would love to say this is a great travel game but you need a pretty big area to play it , a bunch of counters, and a big bit of string. All things considered it's a good fast filler game for people who enjoy strategy and sci-fi, but no epic space game
Bottom Line 6.6/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.