Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most thumbs I have received for a single response to a thread were 32. I responded to the following poll question:
Quote:
What is the most frustrating thing about buying a new game?

with an answer that was not offered in the poll:
Quote:
Finding out you played a key rule wrong.

How about you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
I predict it will be this one.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised I got many thumbs for such an obvious comment:

Here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Why is spelling so hard?

LOSE - Not win.
LOOSE - Not tight.
LOOSERS - Don't win because their spelling isn't tight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an easy way to discover this? I have an, ahem, large number of thread replies, and I don't want to spend all day clicking each one to find out how many thumbs it got. Edit: Found it, click the thumbs to see.

My most-thumbed (144 thumbs!) was this advice to somebody whose sister's boyfriend won't play board games. I'm surprised it was so popular, it seemed the most obvious answer imaginable to me.

Next most successful, at 124 thumbs, was this chestnut. I guess it was popular because I took a meme that fit, combined with an image that fit.

Finally in third place with only 57 thumbs we come to a comment of mine that I think is actually fairly witty. Go figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Olympics time!!!
mbmbmb
A Ponzi scheme

Quote:
I am so in!

I guess that figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Is there an easy way to discover this? I have an, ahem, large number of thread replies, and I don't want to spend all day clicking each one to find out how many thumbs it got.

Go to My Geek, go to your Contributions page,scroll down to Thumbs Received (right hand column), look for Replies to Threads, click on the number. Your replies will be shown in order of number of thumbs received.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Is there an easy way to discover this? I have an, ahem, large number of thread replies, and I don't want to spend all day clicking each one to find out how many thumbs it got.

Go to contributions on you geek profile. Towards the bottom right is a list of all your thumbs and how they're divided. Click on 'Replies to Threads' and it'll sort your replies by most thumbed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:
I predict it will be this one.

whistle

Not likely to exceed your Diplomacy blood on the board response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
100 thumbsup for this:

Quote:
I've got words for you!

I love this place.

This is my escape. This is where I can pore over stats. This is where I can meet people. This is where I can organize a group. This is where I can share what I've learned and learn from you. This is where I can jump into a thread and deliver a judo chop of non sequitur'd wit and hop back out. This is where I can list things arbitrarily. This is where I can thumb pics of hot chicks playing games with their boobies hanging out. This is where I can thumb pics of weird dudes playing games with their boobies hanging out. This is where I can obsess. This is where I can review. This is where I can talk out my ass. This is where I can kill time. This is where I can wish. This is where I can trade. This is where I can get things off my chest. This is where I can admire. This is where I can genuinely say, "What the fuck?!" This is where I can regroup. This is where I can say "Fiddly bits that overchrome an elegant endgame scoring." This is where you are. This is where I am. This is a place that takes a lot of work to maintain. This is a community. This place is ridiculous. This place is reliable. This place is a crapshoot. This is where I can get an emergency rules clarification and fast. This is where we are appreciated. This is where bums live. This is where kings live. This is where they mingle. This is where you can leave, come back, leave again and come back. This is where understanding occurs. This is beyond my ability to describe. This is.

I love this place. Thank you. Yes, you. You make this place an anomaly of awesomeness. You. Here.

I'm staying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
164 for a BGG enhancement request that has since been implemented. I still use this feature regularly, either when looking at a game's comments or a user's collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb

Re: What is happening to my bank account?!?!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb

For a thread reply, this one.

Overall, this geeklist item from 2008.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skipping the FTL threads

54 for
Re: Cartoon Caption Challenge (Aug.20/2010): Spacewalk Meeple

and

44 for
Re: Cartoon Caption Contest (Dec.19): Across the table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
47 for this reply to Marshall P.'s proposed bet that last year's discovery of a faster-than-light particle wouldn't turn out to be accurate:

Erik17 wrote:
mdp4828 wrote:
I'll put 20 down on "this doesn't pan out". Any takers?

Oh sure. And if it does pan out you'll just use the resultant technology to travel back in time and delete this post.

We're not stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
This space intentionally left blank.
mbmbmbmbmb
My most-thumbed posts involve bitching a guy out in a pretty controversial thread, so I'll not repost them here. I got 24 and 23 thumbs for them, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
How about you?

Actually not for a one liner, but for a piece explaining the comedy series Dad's Army, one of the all-time greats of TV. Probably added to by the family reminiscence (my maternal grandfather led a Home Guard platoon) also in there. 69 thumbs if anyone is counting.

Of course if we all behaved like me, this would be thumb-free desert. I'm on just over 8,000 received, 2 given. You do not want a thumb from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
58 Thumbs for a snarky reply about a $.04 price increase on Munchkin:

Re: Steve Jackson Games Gives Munchkin A Facelift
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knock knock open up the door it's Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
It's wurples all the way down.
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My heart is a fish / Hiding in the water-grass / In the green, in the green.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I made these things
and posted about it in chit chat, the thread got 37 thumbs and the initial post 39. (The pictures got up to 524 thumbs, the comments to the pictures up to 70, the geeklist I made about them 173, and then a couple more for the geeklist items).

Most thumbs as a response in a thread was a Chit Chat Eat Poop You Cat game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
The kung fu hippie from Gansta City
mbmbmbmbmb
59 thumbs for a mildly amusing domestic story posted in the Funny Pictures Thread, quoted here for your mild amusement:

Quote:
This reminds me of a pointless story...

I was once watching my small daughter, and it was time for bath. She was wearing a halter dress, and she was too small to take it off herself. I started working on the knot tied behind her neck, and I could not get it untied. The strap was also too tight to just lift over her head. Furthermore, the strap itself had straps connecting to the back of the dress, so I couldn't just shuck the damn thing over her head. I sat there and worked at the knot, and my daughter was getting increasingly squirmy, so I took out the trusty ol' Swiss Army and I cut the strap.

Later my wife found the dress and wearily asked "You had to cut the clothes off the child?" shake She then showed me that the knot was no knot at all, but rather was a cleverly disguised snap, so the knot comes off as an intact unit from the other end of the strap.

WHAT KIND OF A MAD GENIUS DISGUISES A SNAP AS A KNOT??!!

gleeble gleeble gleeble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A very pleasing 67 for this response to the news that Gary Gygax had died.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/5152546#5152546

81 thumbs for my response to a head-exploding OP about pentagonal spaces in games, which is actually pretty interesting reading when I am not suffering from an exploded head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Billythehut wrote:
Quixote171 wrote:
For a thread reply, this one.

Overall, this geeklist item from 2008.

If we get to count thumbs for geeklist items then my personal best is for this: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/150392/item/2418820#it...

Ah. If we're doing overall then I've got something a little better than my other one.

Here you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Finally in third place with only 57 thumbs we come to a comment of mine that I think is actually fairly witty. Go figure.

And I started that thread; what do I win? cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
wmshub wrote:

And I started that thread; what do I win? cool
A thumb! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.