Zeb Larson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering, is anybody aware of any substantive history of how our hobby has developed, particularly in the 20th and 21st centuries? Boardgaming has evolved so much even between my dad's generation of games and my own, and I'm wondering if anybody has written something on the matter.
For the record, I think something needs to be written if it hasn't been already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, A Brief History of Hobby Boardgaming (WIP) is a good start.

There are historians here. The contributors to the list above are good contacts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb Larson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of all the things, I never would have thought a Geeklist would have been the place to start. I was thinking in terms of articles, etc., but a list makes so much sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.