Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our Barnes and Noble (Orem, Utah) had clone wars and poker chips at 75% off. There were some other games, but nothing any good. I did notice a couple copies of Age of Mythology at full price a week or so ago.

There was a set of 300 11.5 gram poker chips in an aluminum case for $40, or $12.40 after discount and sales tax. I have no idea how to tell good poker chips from bad poker chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark. I've been wanting to pick up some heavy poker chips on the cheap, and this sounds like it could be my chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are good poker chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My local B&N had 11.5 gram chips in rolls of 50 (each roll had one of 4 different colors) for $0.99 after the 75%-off sale was applied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not into poker, but the chips make a great substitute for money in other games, like Power Grid, and you can start clinking them when someone's turn drags on too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A timer would work better. Distractions increase the time needed to think through a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to the second tip from my game-buddy Eric (numskullduggery on BGG), I got Doom: The Boardgame today at B&N for, get this, $12.99 (inlcluding tax)!!!! (B&N, Holyoke, MA.)

It wasn't only the last Doom copy there, it was the last of the Holyoke's store clearance of Fanatasy Flight and Warhammer gamestuff.

And oh yeah, the other day I bought those poker chips, one set in each of four colors, they weigh a ton, and have little images of 6-sided dice on them, placed 30 degrees apart, so they are a little like hexes. About 7 pounds of chips for $3.86!! (That was at the B&N in Enfield, CT.) Nothing cooler than poker chips in Enfield, CT. The chips are amazing....

Also, later today I picked up Risk: Clone Wars for less than $6.00.

I rarely buy "new" games, usually opting for thrift-store finds. This B&N sale (combined with a friend's discount card number) has lead to an orgy of buying.

I ..... NEED.... TO..... STOP....... zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.