Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Caldwell
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished round 1 and kept stablehand. took me a couple of tries, but I cleared it on the back of the tutor and seasonal worker (w master brewer). Which should I keep for the next round?

Tutor (for extra bonus points)
seasonal worker (the extra wheat is helpful early on)
master brewer because beer

I also have clay mixed, maid and baker to choose from.

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brown
United States
Ofallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
King Agricola
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tutor. Every game is 5 free points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd keep the baker. Feeding will no longer be an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerrison
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends how far over the target score you are. If you beat it significantly and you'll be starting with several food, definitely take the tutor. On the other hand if it was pretty tight, you'll be starting with little bonus food, and feel like you need a boost at the start of the game, then the seasonal worker is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Knight
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I was wondering how the Tutor works in the solo game. If you keep him from the first game, do you get all those bonus points in subsequent games? Or do you only get bonus points for occupations played in any particular game (i.e. none past game 7)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
So I think you only get the max free points for Tutor if he is the first occupation you take, right? If you choose Tutor for carryover and you've already got two other carryovers, they don't count so you get a max of 4. So I always quit and restart the solo series until Tutor shows up in game 1.

I just took a solo series to 36 games (target score was 95 on the last game!) with:

Tutor
Lord of the Manor
Seasonal Worker
Clay Mixer
Stone Carrier
Chief
Woodcutter (not my favorite but I got tired of waiting for Hedge Keeper to come up)

If you're going to play until the target scores are that high, Seasonal Worker really helps. If not, I agree you can live without him if your starting food is at least 6 food, and the bonus points occs are your best way to achieve that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
barzillai wrote:
So I think you only get the max free points for Tutor if he is the first occupation you take, right? If you choose Tutor for carryover and you've already got two other carryovers, they don't count so you get a max of 4. So I always quit and restart the solo series until Tutor shows up in game 1.

I just took a solo series to 36 games (target score was 95 on the last game!) with:

Tutor
Lord of the Manor
Seasonal Worker
Clay Mixer
Stone Carrier
Chief
Woodcutter (not my favorite but I got tired of waiting for Hedge Keeper to come up)

If you're going to play until the target scores are that high, Seasonal Worker really helps. If not, I agree you can live without him if your starting food is at least 6 food, and the bonus points occs are your best way to achieve that.

I will purchase a hat so that I may tip it to you. Amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.