Popular Tags: [View All]
L Z
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Hi,
I'd like some reccomendations for a choiche between a couple of games for me, experienced, and newbies.
I thought about Antike, Traumfabrik or Bolide.

Antike has a theme I like, and seems nice and easy.
Traumfabrik has a theme everybody likes, but I fear that the auction mechanic can scare newbies. But can be played by females, too!
Bolide, I don't know why.

Please let me hear your comments!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly nice to hear from you.
Secondly I reckon Bolide because I think it sounds so cool and fun. Never played it so could be completely wrong.

Ciao

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmm, I don't know any of them. I note you have Mare Nostrum though. Have you tried the Mythology Expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
It depends by your tastes...
They're all easy enough to be grasped by newbies (and they'll need the first game to learn how-it-works in any case) but not so banal to annoy experts.

Probably Traumfabrik has the highest chance to lure newbies thanks to the theme. It has an interesting gameplay and good variety. thumbsup
Bolide has an attractive theme for men and is nice as long as you can pace yourself. Slow thinkers can kill it (and a slow newbie... gulp ).
Antike has a lot of diplomacy and some direct confrontation, so it really depends by the group (former "Risk!" players could be highly engaged, for example).

I think that Traumfabrik is the "safest" choice, but if you know those newbies maybe you'll able to determine that Bolide or Antike are closer to their tastes.
Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.