Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Adey
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an idea I have had to further the enjoyment of playing Navia Dratp, and make use of ALL your pieces in your collection, and more use of those nice cards which come with each piece.

Simply gather up all the cards with no more than TWO of each Maseitai in the deck, and deal yourself seven face down. Your opponent does the same using either his/her collection, or yours if they are new(ish) players and don`t have their own pieces yet. Obviously each player gets a Navia.

Look at your cards. You MAY keep any duplicate pieces if you wish (forget the unpainted/painted rule for this varient), or you MAY discard one of them face down (or face up - you decide the rule) and draw another card from the remaining deck. You show your cards, and play with those pieces.

"Oh but I ALWAYS play with XXXX in my Maseitai!" I hear you wail. Well think how left out of the game all those other Maseitai feel! Havn`t you seen "Toy Story"? Give them a CHANCE!

This way you have to learn how all the available pieces work together.

But if you REALLY want a particular Maseitai, then let`s get you to pay for it. BEFORE you deal your seven cards to yourself, you may choose ONE card from the deck and allow your opponent to move the same number of Gyullas needed to dratp that piece from their vault to their pool. You then deal another six random cards to complete your side. A head start for your opponent. And if you deal yourself a duplicate (if there`s another in the deck) BAD LUCK!! You`ve now got more than you wanted!

Several of you may decide that this is too random for your tastes, and I might agree for hard tournement play, but the more games you play in a series like this, the less the random nature applies - like using dice in, say, backgammon. It all "averages out". So I suggest that since there are seven Maseitai in a side, there should be seven games played in a full series using the rules above.

I hope you find something you can use here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that this reply is actually a little late, but that is a really good idea. If you play ND on the vassal engine, I have been posting my log files (1-2 a day) on my website)

www.jc-designs.net/navia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.