Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Adey
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helping new players with any game can be difficult. Especially a pure strategy game like Navia Dratp, which has its roots in the Japanese version of chess, Shogi. Newcomers can have all the fun flogged out of them by repeatedly losing, and not only losing, but losing BADLY. Personally I don`t mind losing a game if it`s been a good fight.

Chess is a hard game to handicap so that two players of varying skill levels can play. Removing, well, ANYTHING spoils the symmetry.

Not so Navia Dratp. Simply handicap the better player by removing one of their Maseitai at the start. Or even TWO. Try fighting with only 5 Maseitai against 7!

Alternatively, so that a new player can savour the fun of dratping earlier, allow them an agreed number of Gyullas lead at the start of the game.

Or thirdly, play with a chess clock, but less time for the better player to think.

Or all three!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest using a gem advantage only.

Using less maseitai can actually be an advantagem since you cannot drapt navia if any pieces remain in your keep, and now you need to summon fewer, making a navia drapt easier to achieve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only limitation on Navia Dratp is that you can't have been in check. Navia Goal requires an empty Masetai Keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Goal is what I meant. Man, I hate the terminology of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.