Hide
11 Posts

Dungeon Command: Curse of Undeath» Forums » Rules

Subject: help with warning shout order card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fenrill Aran
msg tools
Hi I'm having problems understanding this card. It said that I choose one allied creature within light of sight and prevent 30 damage to THAT creature. so I prevent 30 damage to the allied I chose? if this is true then whats the point of using it? if someone attacks that allied he gets a prevention of 30 damage? that takes away the immediate effect doesnt it? it should be more like an attach ? so please help me understand this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please provide scan or quote exact card text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenrill Aran
msg tools
oks the exact quoting of the card is " Choose 1 allied creature within line of sight. Prevent 30 damage to that creature from 1 source".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That card requires CHA to play, which only the non-grunt creatures have. In effect, you are tapping the creature that plays that card, not the creature getting attacked.

Card wrote:
Warning Shout
IMMEDIATE

LEVEL 3, CHA

Choose 1 allied creature within line of sight. Prevent 30 DAMAGE to that creature from 1 source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenrill Aran
msg tools
but aren't inmmediate cards suppose to activate to the monster you're attacking? let me try and give you an example: lets say I'm fighting an enemy warrior skeleton(which has no charisma)5 squares behind him is a lich necromancer(which has charisma) so I attack the warrior skeleton and my friend uses warning shout, but he uses it on the lich necromancer to prevent the damage to the warrior skeleton. My question is that allowed? I was attacking the skeleton which has no charisma but he decides to use it with the lich because he has the requirements, but I wasnt taking an action against the lich so why is he using it. The way I saw the card is like if I attack the lich, then the lich can use warning shout to protect the warrior skeleton, but ONLY if I attack the lich first. I'm wrong or what? and if I'm wrong then you can use immediate actions with other monsters you have even if they're not being attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Immediate actions can be taken at any time, provided the creature using it isn't already tapped. While they are commonly used as a reaction to an attack, being attacked is not a requirement to use an immediate action!

So your friends use of warning shout is legal and pretty much exactly how warning shout is intended to be used.
The benefit is that when the skeleton is attacked, for say 50 damage, the lich can use warning shout and the skeleton itself another immediate action to prevent the remaining 20 damage.

EDIT: Another example of using immediate actions that will commonly be used without an attack happening to the creature is the dwarf cleric's healing ability or the order card (don't have my cards on me so can't check the name) Patch Up, which lets you either prevent 20 damage or heal 20 hp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, you can use Immediates at ANY time during your opponent's turn (or your own, though most of the time you wouldn't want to), not just in response to an action. I will often keep my Dwarf Cleric ready and heal 10 to whatever is the best choice (himself, another adjacent unit) at the end of the turn, and sometimes I'll just heal 10 in response to an attack if it would otherwise kill my already damaged unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, if your creature A is attacked, any of your other creatures can tap t o use an immediate action to help, or respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
It's a Warning Shout. You tap the lich, the lich yells "get out of the way you dumb skeleton" and the skeleton dodges the blow. This card taps the lich because the lich is shouting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.