Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The theme behind each card is pretty strong in ANR, however I can't work this card out. What's the idea behind midseason replacements - that the runner tried to steal an agenda but it didn't matter because nbn put on another show ? And why does this lead to the runner being tagged ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe because they wanted you to steal it, so it actually was a trap and now you got a buncha tags cause they know where you live.

That seems to be how you have to play it. Lure the runner into spending some cash to steal an agenda then blammo!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember moaning about this one too Eventually the consensus seemed to have settled on it being a popular TV show being cancelled midseason - and the big network TV company blames the runner for being the cause of it ("he stole/destroyed all our data!"), and setting the rabid fans on the runner to track him down

Or starting some kind of surreal reality show where the corp gives the runner a huge bounty and get the public to track him down

It's pretty wonky, I do think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation at the time is that NBN is starting a new reality TV show and the star is the Runner- whether s/he likes it or not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
My interpretation at the time is that NBN is starting a new reality TV show and the star is the Runner- whether s/he likes it or not...

If it meant that alone, why would it need to replace something else midseason? Wouldn't it be called like... "Run Dead Or Run Alive!" or "Run Runner Run!" or something?

(Or... "Who wants to be a Runner?" or "The Amazing Run" or something? XD)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:

If it meant that alone, why would it need to replace something else midseason? Wouldn't it be called like... "Run Dead Or Run Alive!" or "Run Runner Run!" or something?

(Or... "Who wants to be a Runner?" or "The Amazing Run" or something? XD)

Because if they would name it something so simple we would not have these fun threads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:

I saw a similar interpretation over at Scud's blog at cardgamedb, so this seems to be the popular view. I'll try my hand at an alternate one....

Maybe its the employees of NBN who are being replaced for letting the runner steal the agenda ? You get a batch of new hires in who are determined to find the runner so the same thing doesn't happen to them, hence the tagstorm that ensues ?

But yes, the theme on this card confounded me too. Really with they had put some flavor text with this one !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Duncan
United Kingdom
Ellon
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:

If it meant that alone, why would it need to replace something else midseason?

I think of it this way. Astroscript Pilot Program is an agenda that represents a TV show NBN are launching. If the runner steals that agenda then it means that the show would be pulled, so a reality show where NBN have cameras tracking the runner comes in to replace it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Poole
msg tools
Except Astroscript Pilot Program is pretty obviously (I think, anyway) about a pilot program (that is, not a TV show pilot episode) in which you write on the moon/in space/etc. Hence Astroscript.

I favor the interpretation that says NBN sacks their whole team and brings in a new team whose sole purpose is finding the runner so that they don't suffer the same fate as their predecessors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a topic dedicated to collecting flavor interpretations and explaining them. Although some of the ICE and ICEbreakers are going to be next to impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Poole
msg tools
There are already a couple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ryan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Torrent files of your new favorite show suddenly become available on this server you just hacked. Awesome! Busted a corporate agenda, now I get to watch THE ENTIRE UNRELEASED SEASON OF MY LITTLE PONY! Woohoo! Oops, every file was tagged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously the corporations let the runner trash one of their servers so they could showcase their newest hit to the masses "The Running Man" starring whichever blind runner decided to stumble into the trap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Niil945 wrote:
Obviously the corporations let the runner trash one of their servers so they could showcase their newest hit to the masses "The Running Man" starring whichever blind runner decided to stumble into the trap.

Which would be what ? Some sweaty guy hunched over a terminal hacking into thousands of lines of code Compulsive viewing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
Which would be what ? Some sweaty guy hunched over a terminal hacking into thousands of lines of code Compulsive viewing.

That depends on the network. I prefer thousands of viewers to watch as I have my demo teams blow building after building that said "volunteer" is running through, culminating in their unfortunate demise during the season finale!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.