Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was, at one point, a link to the ti2rules.pdf - the rules to Twilight Imperium 2 - at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/, but both the link and (more importantly) the file have now gone.

I wrote to Fantasy Flight, asking if they could send me the file, and got a pleasant reply saying they no longer had it, but suggesting I ask here - "They have many pdfs that we do not have.".

I realise that it is not normal practice to share copyright information on the geek (hence the use of links), but given that Fantasy Flight themselves have pointed me back here, it would appear that they wouldn't mind too much.

Can anyone who has this file and is willing to email them to me, please get in touch.

Many thanks

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Did they say whether they were okay with the file being posted here on BoardGameGeek? I could submit it to the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Connolly
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It was on public domain for a long time available on their website. So i see no technical reason for why it would be wrong for it to be posted online

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lindsey wrote:
Did they say whether they were okay with the file being posted here on BoardGameGeek? I could submit it to the site.

They didn't specifically say that they were ok about it. However, it was their suggestion that I look here for it, which suggests they assumed it would be already here, and that they aren't too worried about that.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, have now had a couple of responses by mail, so thanks to those people for offering to send me the file.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I’ve sent a note to Fantasy Flight — I’d feel a bit weird submitting someone else’s file to the site without their permission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That was a quick response! Jim Ripka from Fantasy Flight responded, and said that they’re fine with having the rules posted, here. So I’ve uploaded the rules, and they should show up here reasonably soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent

Jim was also very quick to reply to my initial enquiry. Sound like a great bunch of people.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.