BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Could you make love to this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
I was regaling some friends about how fucking sexy this Stevie Wonder groove is, and the reaction I received shocked me: Complete, passionless indifference across the board. Though perhaps irrelevant, in the name of good science, I will note that the friends in question were in fact my white ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry—do you mean "Can you make love with this playing in the background" or "Can you mate with this song"? Well, yes and no, but it would act on me more as a soporific than as an aphrodisiac.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
Shakespeare wrote:

If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it …

But I wouldn't put that track on my "fucking awesome" list - it's OK, but not much more than that and I have my doubts as to whether it would aid much in "awesome fucking".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Can you give an example of a super sexy song from your fucking awesome playlist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Satan Himself
United States
Dead Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
I suppose I could. It's not super sexy, but it isn't unsexy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
For the love of sexy, please don't say you mean "I Just Called to Say I Love You".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doe Gibson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but if I were going with something from the past, I'd go further back to the Isley Brothers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Which? This Stevie track is from '72, three years before the Isley's seminal (!) "For the Love of You".

Correction: "Creepin'" is off Stevie's '74 album, Fulfillingness' First Finale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doe Gibson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
Which? This Stevie track is from '72, three years before the Isley's seminal (!) "For the Love of You".

My apologies, I had the wrong date for Creepin. The IB album I'd choose is from 1983.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Couldn't listen to the whole thing. Felt like I was on hold or in an elevator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lump me in with your white friends. Then again, I've never personally felt any overlap between "sexy" and "music" so I'm a bit odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb

Hot summer afternoon in Yakima, WA. My gf and I were alone in my mom's old house, after cleaning it out to move. We volunteered to stay the night to watch over the place before giving over the keys to the realtor. All that was left in that empty, quiet house was my stereo in the old living room with hardwood floors, some white curtains blowing in the slight hot breeze and a mattress.

And Amber.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euen McMurry
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
Darilian wrote:

Hot summer afternoon in Yakima, WA. My gf and I were alone in my mom's old house, after cleaning it out to move. We volunteered to stay the night to watch over the place before giving over the keys to the realtor. All that was left in that empty, quiet house was my stereo in the old living room with hardwood floors, some white curtains blowing in the slight hot breeze and a mattress.

And Amber.

Darilian

I love Tangerine dream, but frankly I think that their music would be best to score a fairly creepy/dark sex scene in a Phillip Dick inspired movie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
braveheart101 wrote:
Darilian wrote:

And Amber.

Darilian

I love Tangerine dream, but frankly I think that their music would be best to score a fairly creepy/dark sex scene in a Phillip Dick inspired movie...

What did you expect, Nilsson?

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Then again, I've never personally felt any overlap between "sexy" and "music" so I'm a bit odd.

This remark is pretty staggering. But I'm starting to think the sentiment isn't as uncommon as you suggest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Then again, I've never personally felt any overlap between "sexy" and "music" so I'm a bit odd.

This remark is pretty staggering. But I'm starting to think the sentiment isn't as uncommon as you suggest.

I'm with Chad. I've never found music to be essential for the process, nor particularly enhancing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I'm with Chad. I've never found music to be essential for the process, nor particularly enhancing.

Essential, no. Enhancing, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Paradis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just don't care much for music in any shape, form or moment. But that music...during sex... never !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just remembered, I have heard this before, in the waiting room before my last prostate exam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'd much rather make love to this:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
kuhrusty wrote:
Just remembered, I have heard this before, in the waiting room before my last prostate exam.

That shit ain't funny, motherfucker. Stevie Wonder is a musical genius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

That shit ain't funny, motherfucker. Stevie Wonder is a musical genius.

Sorry, sorry, I just thought that mental image superimposed well with "essential, no; enhancing, yes."

Me, afterward: "Are you kidding? I've been putting that off for ten years, and that's it? Sheeeit, I could do that all day. ALL DAY, SON"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
kuhrusty wrote:
Sheeeit, I could do that all day. ALL DAY, SON"

Thank the power of super sexy music.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.