Massimo Gori
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1)I have some doubt about adding influence when an event allows to do it, I always ignored the situation of control as well adjacency. Now reading again the rulebook I have had some doubt. I always paid one operation point to add influence regardless if the concerned country was or wasn't controlled by the opponent. It's correct?

2) When I play a conditional event as card #48 "Kitchen debate" (for example), if US have not more controlled country the event have to be removed or not?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
1) you can only place influence in countries you have influence in when the turn starts and/or are adjacent to countries where you already have influence. If placing influence in a coutry where your opponent have control you have to place 2 influence until you have broken control. So if your opponent has 3 influence in a stability 2-country you will have to pay 4 influence to place 2 influence points.

2) That depends on the wording on the card. Kitchen debate isn't removed if USSR have equal to or more battleground countries. But a card like "Independent red" is removed regardless if the event has any effect or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Gori
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myth1202 wrote:
1) you can only place influence in countries you have influence in when the turn starts and/or are adjacent to countries where you already have influence. If placing influence in a coutry where your opponent have control you have to place 2 influence until you have broken control. So if your opponent has 3 influence in a stability 2-country you will have to pay 4 influence to place 2 influence points.

This if I use a card for operation point, but if I use it as event it's the same?
Italian rulebook 6.1.1 states "the marker placed after an Event aren't subject to adjacency restriction"???

Probably I have not explaned well, or I have always played wrongly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
When placing influence two conditions must be met:

1) You have to have influence in or adjacent to the country where you want to place your influence

2) The influence must have been there since the start of the turn.

So if USSR plays Iron Lady and gets an influence in Argentina USSR can´t use that influence to spread further (condition 2 is not met)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eruantalon _
msg tools
mb
Influence added due to event is added at 1-1 ratio and doesn't need adjacency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you place influence with an event (like Iron Lady) you´re not subject to the normal rules when placing influence.

When playing Iron Lady (for example) place 1 USSR influence in Argentina regardless of US controls it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eruantalon wrote:
Influence added due to event is added at 1-1 ratio and doesn't need adjacency.

Yes. This is answering the OP's first question! Not going off on a tangent. There is a caveat: if the event allows you to spend OPs as if you'd played a card for OPs (ABM Treaty, Glasnost, CIA Created, etc) then you must follow the influence placing rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Marl
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adjacency and control conditions for placing influence only apply to operations. Influence placed from events are played according to the text on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Gori
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok now it's clear. I've had always played this way. I was re-reading the Regulation came this doubt.

Thankyou everyone!

Enjoy this fantastic game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.