Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With a barrage, am I still limited by the terrain as to what I can attack? I don't mean the High Ground Restriction, just the terrain chart. I think I was trying to Barrage WN64 from the beach but noticed the terrain might not allow it..... Any help much appreciated

(or does terrain only matter when adjacent???)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears you can still range attack and barrage, just not attack (adjacent), found answer in forum post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanking wrote:
It appears you can still range attack and barrage, just not attack (adjacent), found answer in forum post

But I thought for a unit or unit(s) to range attack that there must be an infantry unit(s) adjacent to the target "attacking"

and you cannot both attack and barrage a target in the same turn

am I correct on this?

thx
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanking wrote:
With a barrage, am I still limited by the terrain as to what I can attack? I don't mean the High Ground Restriction, just the terrain chart. I think I was trying to Barrage WN64 from the beach but noticed the terrain might not allow it..... Any help much appreciated

(or does terrain only matter when adjacent???)

also, as far as terrain effects on a tank barrage, you only need to be in the FOF of a target. Terrain does not effect the tank barrage. Also, a naval barrage is automatic

am I correct on all of these points?

thx
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure you can range attack across terrain if you have another unit adjacent on the other side, but I don't have the rules in front of me and I honestly haven't made it far enough where I can actually attack shake

You second post is correct, though, and it what I was trying to get at initially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can barrage attack if your tank is in the FOF or if your tank is in range and an infantry unit (undisrupted) is in the FoF (thematically, it's observing for the tank). In the latter case, either the tank or the infantry must be in command of an HQ or General

You can barrage the same target multiple times (with different units) but cannot attack and barrage the same target. Finally, High Ground Ranged Fire Restriction applies to tanks as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
You can barrage attack if your tank is in the FOF or if your tank is in range and an infantry unit (undisrupted) is in the FoF (thematically, it's observing for the tank). In the latter case, either the tank or the infantry must be in command of an HQ or General

Not exactly: you can barrage if your tank is in the FoF of the target OR an undisrupted infantry unit is in the FoF of the target and in command of an HQ/General (8.4).

Never answer in BGG before your first coffee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Isn't that what I wrote?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
Isn't that what I wrote?

You wrote:

You can barrage attack if your tank is in the FOF or if your tank is in range and an infantry unit (undisrupted) is in the FoF (thematically, it's observing for the tank). In the latter case, either the tank or the infantry must be in command of an HQ or General.

I just wanted to point out (just in case) that it is "or", not "and" (or those Wave 1 tanks would be even less effective than they are now!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nope, I wrote

(You can barrage attack if your tank is in the FOF) or (if your tank is in range [ie of the target] and an infantry unit (undisrupted) is in the FoF (thematically, it's observing for the tank)). In the latter case, either the tank or the infantry must be in command of an HQ or General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
Nope, I wrote

(You can barrage attack if your tank is in the FOF) or (if your tank is in range [ie of the target] and an infantry unit (undisrupted) is in the FoF (thematically, it's observing for the tank)). In the latter case, either the tank or the infantry must be in command of an HQ or General.

AAAAAAARGGHH!!!

Sorry! Completely missed the first "or", even as I re-read the paragraph a couple of times...
modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673, how did that Sat. play go???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Never happened! I had a real live other person come by, and we played 1 game of Clash of Cultures and 3 of Puzzle Strike in the timeframe I had set aside

I did get to read more of the rulebook, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3 games up to turn 7, making huge rule mistakes each time. I think tonight will be error free, but still don't think my chances are good. Plan is to take out WN 61 and 62N/S as quick as possible, completely ignoring WN 64-65.

Of course, none of that will pan out shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanking wrote:
I've played 3 games up to turn 7, making huge rule mistakes each time. I think tonight will be error free, but still don't think my chances are good. Plan is to take out WN 61 and 62N/S as quick as possible, completely ignoring WN 64-65.

Good plan: 64-65 is almost impossible in First waves (but I'm not that good of a player, so maybe I'm mistaken).

Two crucial positions to control are A1 and A3: the last one is vital to get WN60, the first one can be a pain if you are trying to control the draw.
(If you really want to go for WN65 you have to get hex 1119: it's the only way to have a line of communication to WN64S!)

Widerstandsnäste are rather easy to crack but expect a hell of a fighting against reinforcements! (specially with those flanking requisites!

I gave up on the First waves and jumped in on the whole game: I'm still losing, but it is cool to make it to the second part of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.