Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Several rules queries rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I played about 7 or 8 solo games this week with no access to the web. So here is a list of questions to which I couldn't find the answers in the rulebook:

1- When moving the ambulance, do you automatically pick up victims left alone on the boardwalk (outside the parking lot) when driving "over" them?

2- Do vehicles stop on the first parking lot they encounter or can they move on the opposite side of a building with just 2 APs?

3- When setting up the advanced game with random explosions, do you place damage cubes on the walls and break doors before the game has even started?

4- If a POI target roll falls on a fireman, do you automatically flip it on its face up side, even if it's not this specific fireman's turn?

5- The number of smoke/fire tokens is limited, according to the rules. Suppose an explosion occurs and I would need 3 danger tokens to resolve it completely. I have only one danger token left in the reserve. Do I choose on which space to put it, potentially saving a victim or fireman that was adjacent?


Sorry for the flood, I didn't want to post 5 separate posts...

Edit: clarifications + typos
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
I played about 7 or 8 solo games this week with no access to the web. So here is a list of questions to which I couldn't find the answers in the rulebook:

1- When moving the ambulance, do you automatically pick up victims on the boardwalk (outside the parking lot) when driving over them?


I believe you're meant to take the victim to the ambulance (whilst it is parked).

fardoche wrote:
2- Do vehicles stop on the first parking lot they encounter or can they move on the opposite side of a building with just 2 APs?


I believe it's 2AP to move one parking lot. 4AP to move two.

fardoche wrote:
3- When setting up the advanced game with random explosions, do you place damage cubes on the walls and break, before the game has even started?


Yes, I believe.

fardoche wrote:
4- If a POI target roll fals on a fireman, do you automatically flip it on its face up side, even if it's not this specific fireman's turn?


Yes.

fardoche wrote:
5- Danger tokens are limited. Suppose an explosion occurs and I would need 3 danger tokens to resolve it completely. I have only one danger token left in the reserve. Do I choose on which space to put it, potentially saving a victim or fireman that was adjacent?


You choose, I think.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite clear which rules you play, basic or experienced.

fardoche wrote:
1- When moving the ambulance, do you automatically pick up victims on the boardwalk (outside the parking lot) when driving over them?

No, the ambulance loads only on parking lots. But it does automatically so whenever victim and vehicle meet, regardless of which of them was moved.

4) is only possible in the basic game, but in that case Scorpion0x17's answer is correct, as are the others.

Too few danger tokens are a rare experience, but Kevin (the designer) suggests to always place the new ones, taking the oldest tokens from the board (the fire has burned out there). You can also improvise tokens, which is probably the easiest solution.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
Too few danger tokens are a rare experience, but Kevin (the designer) suggests to always place the new ones, taking the oldest tokens from the board (the fire has burned out there). You can also improvise tokens, which is probably the easiest solution.


Now I understand. "Danger token" means the smoke side of the smoke/fire tokens.
If you run out of smoke/fire tokens you are likely in a very bad situation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
Now I understand. "Danger token" means the smoke side of the smoke/fire tokens.

Almost. Danger token means the complete token, regardless of which side it shows.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.