Subject: Northern Va Group to play Fantasy Flight games. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Molina
United States
Salem
Virginia
flag msg tools

Hi, I would like to start a gaming group devoted to playing the more time intensive games from Fantasy Flight and Avalon Hill. For those that own them, you know it can be a bit difficult to find players willing to play for that long, preferring the shorter German games. I have one person, but would like to get some more players who can play for 3-6 hrs with no problem. I personally have Arkham Horror, Decent, WOW boardgame, Runebound, Game of Thrones and am getting Fury of Dracula soon.
I live in Manassas so am equal distance from both Game Parlors, but we usually play at the Woodbridge one. Weekends during the day is easiest, but I can be flexable if evening ends up being the best time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Michael:

I live in Leesburg, and have the occasional Saturday free. Please keep me informed at EmperorMonk@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Randy Monk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marena Tiano
United States
Arlington
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I live in Alexandria and have no access to Game Parlor. But I am interested in longer games. I have History of the World, Age of Rennaissance, Merchants of Venus, Iron Dragon, 1830, Serenissima, Mare Nostrum + expansion, Time Agent, Dune, Civilization, Manifest Destiny Silverton, & Rail Baron. Let me know if you have alternate locations in mind that are metro accessible. I could even be persuaded to host some sessions. I don't have the biggest table; it could only handle a five player at most. As you can tell from my list, I am more of an AH player than fantasy. Other games I like or want to play are BlackBeard, Game of Thrones, Advanced Civilization and Twilight Imperium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob oconnor
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I'm interested. I live in Stafford and can travel.

bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested, I live in Woodbridge and have many of these types of games too.. weekends and evenings work for me..
pm me

-Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Arbo
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto in Woodbridge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamegrl2 wrote:
Hi, I live in Alexandria and have no access to Game Parlor. But I am interested in longer games. I have History of the World, Age of Rennaissance, Merchants of Venus, Iron Dragon, 1830, Serenissima, Mare Nostrum + expansion, Time Agent, Dune, Civilization, Manifest Destiny Silverton, & Rail Baron. Let me know if you have alternate locations in mind that are metro accessible. I could even be persuaded to host some sessions.

I'm a big fan of HotW myself, but I rarely get to play it. My wife is actually okay with it, too, which is unusual since she prefers to avoid really long games. I'm in Manassas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob oconnor
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
2 posts in 2 days (now 3) .... let's get something going.

Bob (in Stafford)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Arbo
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up for a game but truth be told HotW is not one of my favorites.

At the house I have Wings of War, Kingmaker, Hammer of the Scots and Killer Bunnies but I'll play pretty much anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron du bois
United States
fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hola All,

I have been lurking for a while and just noticed some recent activity on this thread. I noticed a few people located in Stafford..for those (and anyone that does not mind a bit of a drive) there is a game store in the Fredericksburg area

http://www.thegamevault.net/

A few of us play various boardgames on certain Sundays such as Titan, Galactic Emperor, Pacific Typhoon, War of the Ring, Maneouvre and the like.

Also there is a small turnout on Wednesday nights. Additionally, while I have not participated, there is a consistent group that plays on Saturday evenings/nights that often does various euros.

Check out the forums, or drop me an email...I am always looking for more fun people to game with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I've done is scour the "Find Users" function (found under the "Misc" tab). The usernames provided by that link to their profiles, at which point you can view their Top 10 and Hot 10 to see if they match on any of your favorites. Then you can contact them directly, since not everyone views this regional forum. This illustrates the importance of filling those lists out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Molina
United States
Salem
Virginia
flag msg tools
Boy, imagine my surprise when I saw posts in this. Has it really been 3 years since I first made this? LOL

Well my group is still going and playing those FF games and other stuff too. Last week we had a intense game of Battlestar Galactica with a nail biting ending with EVERY ship in the game on the board including the civilian ones. We play on and off depending on who is free. This summer has been slow but with vacations and conventions almost done now it should pick up more. This weekend I think we are going back to our Descent campaign.

We usually have about 3 to 5 people but are always looking for more. We usually play at the Woodbridge Game Parlor from 11 to about 3 on either Sat or Sun. (lately it's been Sundays but with football season coming, it's will most likely be Saturdays till it is over.)

email me if interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can give me a shout anytime for a Sunday game.

I live in silver spring, MD and I do not mind driving to anywhere in VA or MD with in an hour from my house.

I also am recently divorced so I can use the socializing.

Joel / Runescience@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have some free time this Saturday (tomorrow) evening. Anyone else up for something? I'm not into table-top games myself, but can probably do just about anything else. Check out my Top/Hot 10 lists if you're equally indecisive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danger Mike
United States
Fenton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in St. Louis, but I will be in Fredericksburg, VA from 2-11 November and wouldn't mind doing some gaming. Post a reply, Geekmail, whatever. I will play most games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't get any responses, you can always go the "Game Vault" in Fredericksburg. It's a great store that has open gaming tables. Should be able to find something there going on to spend your free time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.