GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,129 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Bazaar» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Shopping at the Game Store rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick
United States
Gallatin
TN
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I scheduled a gaming day during the 4th of July weekend and, as a starter to the festivities, the second game I pulled out was Bazaar. After setting up, three of the players, Chris, Aimee, and Debbi, looked at me like I had gone crazy. Before them were two board with different combinations of colored circles, four decks of cards (again adorned with colored circles and, in some cases, stars), and a whole bunch o' colored beads.

Explaining the rules, they still looked askance. But, being the gamers they are, they gave the game a try. And within a round or two, they were exchanging "product" with two seasoned veterans - my son Richard and me.

I scored the first card, much to the chagrin of both Richard and Aimee who were both going for that very card. This one small play, this tiny acquisition, gave them the last smidgeon of insight needed as to just how important quick and savvy trades are. From that point on, Aimee, Debbie and Chris were frantically exchanging "product", fighting for cards and collecting points.

Chris was the first to make a purchase using all of his beads, gaining 5 quick points and taking the lead. As the game progressed, through, Debbie, Aimee and Richard would exchange the lead. But then the last card was purchased, emptying two of the stacks. Scores were tallied. Aimee came in first, followed by Debbie, Chris, and Richard. I pulled up the rear with a measly 3 points.

That, however, is how it should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.