Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
While I really enjoyed my first play of this game last night, I do not care for the rule book, it is too drawn out and makes the game look complicated when it really isn't in my opinion.

Here is how I would summerize the Pirate rules, appreciate if anyone out there differs:

1) If a punt or punts land on space 13 in round two
the Pirates have the option to board a ship with the Captain going
first. If Boarded the Pirate simply become a passanger on the ship
and will share in the points for this punt since the boat is assured to
reach the harbor after the 3rd round. (If one player had both Pirate
spaces they could of course board one or multiple boats if space is
available)

2)If a punt or punts arrive on 13 after the 3rd round,
the pirates pillage all punts that arrived on that space.
The total point value of these punts is immediate taken and
if more then one Pirate, shared between the two. Then
the Pirate Captain gets to choose whether the punt ends up
in the port or the shipyard.

3)If a punt arrives on 13 by movement of the Pilot it can not be
attacked by the Pirates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I disagree with your comment under number 1 that it is a guarantee that the pirate that boarded the ship after round two will make it into the harbor. How about it if the pilot(s) at the beginning of round 3 move the ship, with the pirate now turned into a aerchant, back 1 or more spaces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Though when it comes to Boarding, do keep in mind this little nugget of a rule in the 2014 reprint rule book:

"When a punt stands on space 13 after the third movement round and there are no pirates on board the pirate boat, it is placed on the next vacant port space, and is treated as if it arrived at the destination."

So this means that if there is only 1 Pirate in the Pirate Boat and that Pirate boards, then the Pirate Boat may be empty and on the 3rd punt movement round a punt could end up on space 13 and then get automatic entry into the safe harbor.

I point this out because my GF and I just finished a game. We both had accomplices on one Pirate space. Her's was the Pirate Captain (the Chief Pirate). At the end of the 2nd punt movement phase one boat with two empty accomplice spaces landed on 13. She choose to board. I chose to remain and become the Pirate Captain. At the end of the 3rd punt movement phase a punt ended on space 13. I got to plunder it and then put it in the shipyard. I gambled my Pirate would be able to plunder and I did not want the Pirate Boat to be empty so a punt could get into the safe harbor ending is last movement on space 13.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.