Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
I must choose - i need something fun, yet that can also be played with 2 players. I've read the reviews, any other first-hand experiences (no pun intended!!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
pathagobi wrote:
I must choose - i need something fun, yet that can also be played with 2 players. I've read the reviews, any other first-hand experiences (no pun intended!!!)

I know nothing first hand, but I know several people in one of my gaming groups who are very addicted to Jungle Speed, but it's not really a 2-player game - form what I hear, it really needs 3 or more to be any serious fun...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jungle Speed is a good game. Probably best with more than 2, but I saw the demo-ers at Gencon (maybe Origins) playing a 2 player variant that works pretty well.

Each player has two stacks, one for each hand and must grab with the hand that has a match. We play that matches between your right and left can be ignored with no penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IF you want something before you get to a store, there's one I used to play with regular cards. (I think that there is now a commercial version, too, but don't recall the name.)

It's like war in a way, each player has half the deck and take turns flipping cards onto the pile. When an A,K,Q,J comes up the other player has 4,3,2,1 (consecutive) cards to get an A or face card which forces the original player to do the same. First to not come up with a face or an ace gives center pile to his opponent. The dexterity part is that whoever slaps the pile first after a pair are played on the pile gets the pile.

An exchange student from Brazil taught this game to me in grade school and it was called botchi-mo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.