Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, here is my question ...

I exhaust a character to defend against an enemy, I then use the behind strong walls event to ready him and add +1 def. He defends.

Then I may exhaust him again to defend against another enemy , but does he still have the +1 def or it is lost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
it is designed to ready the character who just defended and then grant +1 def (for the next defense) but you could also use the character to attack (or something else)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't the effect triger before he first defence ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickpes wrote:
Doesn't the effect triger before he first defence ?

Played as you described it, I would think so. You can declare him as a defender and then immediately play the event which readies him and adds one to his defence.

I don't believe this removes him as a defender and will even allow this defence to help against the shadow effect (if applicable) that will be revealed in the very next step.

He could then defend against another attack (exhausting) with his +1 Defence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is played during the character's first defense, and the bonus counts for that defense and any future defenses in the same phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
i neveer he realised he gets the +1 immediately. But i suppose he does.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdmiralACF wrote:
The card is played during the character's first defense, and the bonus counts for that defense and any future defenses in the same phase.

Apart from the first defence, I think character can defend only once more, that is two per turn, am I right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickpes wrote:
AdmiralACF wrote:

Apart from the first defence, I think character can defend only once more, that is two per turn, am I right ?

The limit is based on how many times you can ready that character via effects during the combat phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.