Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Cooper
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that if you choose a main board action you execute this action immediately (eg with Air Strike you must use your current fighters and bombers). However, what about espionage ... does the espionage space give you the right to use opponents' buildings during the 'place workers on your own board phase' or do you have to place on opponents' boards first? To put it another way can you use your own buildings to get say yellowcake BEFORE placing your workers on another player's buildings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Macleod
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My answer would be yes. That is how I play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may place on your buildings and your opponents' buildings in any order during Step 2 of the Place Workers phase. So yes, you could collect Yellowcake on your building, then place your worker on an opponent's building. Espionage essentially gives you additional buildings to use on your opponents' player boards during Step 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no guess-work on this answer... it is clear from the Rulebook. Sometimes, BGG makes us very lazy...

Page 10:

Quote:
After completing her Air Strikes, Yellow can continue with Step 2 of her turn.

Page 12 Spying:

Quote:
During Step 2 of this turn, you may place your Workers on your opponents’ Buildings in addition to your own.

See also the example, which describes the player using her own buildings before using the spy action.

Quote:
First, she uses her 4 Engineers on her two Factories, earning 3 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and $6. Then she places her last Engineer (a Contractor) on Red’s Mine to produce 2 Yellowcake. Finally, she places her last 2 Laborers on Blue’s University, which allows her to get 2 Scientists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you can use the other Player's building at any time during your placement of workers on your private board. You can use the output of your board to drive the input of the other Player's board and then use that output to continue using your own board.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.