Popular Tags: [View All]
A.J. Sansom
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I'm just curious if anyone is still subscribed to these forums (and therefore, is it worth it to post my questions here).

I'll just put up one question in case there's no one around:

1) How often does someone win by getting 7 glyphs compared to just getting experience equal to the opposite squad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Not frequently, but it's nice that it's there as an alternate win condition (just in case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Sansom
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnham wrote:
Not frequently, but it's nice that it's there as an alternate win condition (just in case).

Which way, not frequently? (usually exp, or usually 7 glyphs?)

Also, yay, for getting a response within the day. I'm sure there's not many people around, but at least there's 1 other

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mb
And one more...

I almost always win by getting the experience number, but that is partially because of deck construction (missions worth more) and partly because I have been playing against decks with decently powered teams so that their experience is lower.

I think the 7 glyph win is more common against villain decks where their characters are all 5 or 6 experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not had a chance to play since they closed down the game at SOE. But I'm still collecting when I can get the boosters and singles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Sansom
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! So there's people here still

So, a second question:

How many cards do you usually include in your deck (not including team characters or mission cards)? I think I remember the minimum is 40 (20/20), but what is practical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Depends on the deck. I have one deck with 70, but I always revive my villains with that deck. I have a villain deck where I always score my villains that is around 45.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Sandal
Australia
flag msg tools
Jim Krohn wrote:
Depends on the deck. I have one deck with 70, but I always revive my villains with that deck. I have a villain deck where I always score my villains that is around 45.

45 wow thats low, do you mind sharing one of your deck lists, my mate is ninja with Villains and he still runs 60 cards. im very impressed with 45 cards if it wins consistantly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I don't mind sharing my deck list. I would be curious to see yours too. I'm playing catch up on some things right now so ping me in a few weeks if you haven't seen me post yet.

First a disclaimer - I don't consider myself a high level player. I do okay, but I am in a small pond. Also, I believe I did add some more cards to the small deck. It's a Replicator deck and I got some more Replicator cards.

I have played with a very small deck in the past. If you are not reviving villains, have you ever run out of cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Zaborowski
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
I never once ran out of cards playing small deck villain strategies, even accounting for needing/wanting to revive adversaries through the middle turns before scoring in the late game, and even at high level play in World Championships and World Championship Qualifiers.

I have my pre-Rise of the Ori Villain deck in paper form and I think it clocks in around 55? I'll count it tonight.

I have lost all of my post-Rise of the Ori decklists, unfortunately, but I can tell you that the villain deck I played to a single unfavorable random number generator result away from victory in the World Championships was somewhere in the 50-55 card neighborhood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls