Subject: Keyboard shortcuts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
So I will be happily typing along a status update, or a witty reply to some thread or perhaps a video game review when one of my clumsy fingers accidentally mashes the wrong button, or two buttons at once.

And all of a sudden to my dismay a new tab will open up and I the screen will move to that one. Or even worse the tab I am writing in will close.
angry

I am strongly considering disabling keyboard shortcuts.

I like to think of myself as the kind of person who will intentionally open new tabs with his keyboard rather than having to reach over to the mouse to do this, but it's not realistic. I mean let's be perfectly honest, I don't even use the F keys and furthermore don't know what they do. In fact I have a whole row of favorites that I would guess could take me to a webpage I like in the click of a button that I haven't even bothered to set.

How do you feel about the keyboard shortcut?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely hate them. Fat fingers here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love em.

° is one of my favs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
the less I need to use a mouse the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to the the fact that keyboard shortcuts are an absolute must for using a computer in the most efficient way possible, I am going to go out on a limb and guess that frumpish and orangemoose, are how should I say this....

Distinguished Gentlemen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love keyboard shortcuts for the most part. On occasion, I hate them - such as the windows key bouncing me out of video games.

I've been able to deal with ones I don't like - found out how to disable win key, for example. I also use an add-on with Firefox that saves text in text boxes, for when I fat finger and hit cancel or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use Firefox, Lazarus Form Recovery is a boon. It automatically saves all "form" inputs so if you suffer from regular fingerfehlers it saves a lot of effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love my keyboard shortcuts. Don't take them away from me, man. Please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started using computers before computer mice existed. Keyboard shortcuts are an efficient habit for me that I would have trouble living without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to ask, are the keyboard shortcut haters using laptops?

I love keyboard shortcuts, but I hate laptop keyboards and refuse to use them where at all possible and if was forced to use a laptop on a regular basis I would get a normal keyboard to plug into it just so I didn't have to use the Lilliputian laptop keyboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Come to think of it, I have never had a keyboard shortcut issue on my wife's Macbook.

Only on my desktop PC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.